Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Residency Questionnaire Recipients Action Plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 2:54pm
I created a separate thread for this but somebody deleted. I suspect who that might be but not gonna acknowledge his name or give him attention what he feeds on anyways.

Back to my suggestion, I think it is about time we start gathering in front of CIC offices and protest. We need people , many people to get our voices heard. Who is in for Vancouver?
From the Phillipines. In Canada since 2003. Architect. Landed in 2008 March.
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by The King The King wrote:

Hi Wael,

the problem is they dont care about the few thousand people who will not be able to vote because they know majority is behind them and cheering this anti immigrant policies as they are totally ignoring us in twitter and emails and so on.. As fas as my RQ case I was advised by the MPs office and also after calling few lawyers office that.. If I do not pass the 21 months from application date I cannot do nothing but wait... this is ridiculous!

I am sorry to tell you The King, even after you pass the 21 months, no one will be able to help. Sad but true!

As for no one caring, it is all stemming out of lack of knowledge of what is really happening. Do not forget, a huge slice of CPC voter base is unfortunately made out of minority groups and new immigrants. What these people do not know is that, should they not stand up against CPC, in the near future, it will be their relatives and friends that will pay the price. This is the message that has to be delivered. JK took them for fools with his fake smiles and celebrating their holidays and national days but in reality, he suffers from a bad case Xenophobia. We have to keep on repeating this message over and over and over again. We have to reach every available community. 

Imagine if every community center and group forwarded a letter to JK informing him of their decision not to support his party should he not rectify CIC problems, what do you think his action would be? His party barley scraped a majority after two minority governments. If you mention the  word "voters", everything will reverse.

Edited by Wael55 - 01 Feb 2013 at 4:01pm
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Wael55 Wael55 wrote:

Hi Wael,

the problem is they dont care about the few thousand people who will not be able to vote because they know majority is behind them and cheering this anti immigrant policies as they are totally ignoring us in twitter and emails and so on.. As fas as my RQ case I was advised by the MPs office and also after calling few lawyers office that.. If I do not pass the 21 months from application date I cannot do nothing but wait... this is ridiculous!

I am sorry to tell you The King, even after you pass the 21 months, no one will be able to help. Sad but true!

As for no one caring, it is all stemming out of lack of knowledge of what is really happening. Do not forget, a huge slice of CPC voter base is unfortunately made out of minority groups and new immigrants. What these people do not know is that, should they not stand up against CPC, in the near future, it will be their relatives and friends that will pay the price. This is the message that has to be delivered. JK took them for fools with his fake smiles and celebrating their holidays and national days but in reality, he suffers from a bad case Xenophobia. We have to keep on repeating this message over and over and over again. We have to reach every available community. 

Imagine if every community center and group forwarded a letter to JK informing him of their decision not to support his party should he not rectify CIC problems, what do you think his action would be? His party barley scraped a majority AND ONLY after two minority governments. If you mention the  word "voters", everything will reverse.
The King View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 4:09pm
Wael,

Please dont think I am trying to discourage you from your great work for justice that you and some others are persuing. My family  as a sufferer of this long delays I have been speaking to people when I am at a house party or community gathering and to my surprise there are very few people who are actually concerned about whats happing to us.People are more worried about their financial well being and saying that we dont neen more immigrants in this country. Whats even more pathetic is that some people who applied around the same time and never got RQ had said .."oh they are making sure you are eligible and just be patient and bla bla.." The minute they get the citizenship they forget that they were in the same boat last week.. 
yrfalina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yrfalina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 4:14pm
Good luck to all those who took the initiative to tackle the RQ issue. I think it would be very prudent not to over-exaggerate your abilities to influence the course of events. Overexaggeration of abilities may be as harmful as sitting idle and doing nothing. Being realistic is a virtue and better than running after an illusion. Anyways, good luck again.
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 4:15pm

Wael,

Please dont think I am trying to discourage you from your great work for justice that you and some others are persuing. My family  as a sufferer of this long delays I have been speaking to people when I am at a house party or community gathering and to my surprise there are very few people who are actually concerned about whats happing to us.People are more worried about their financial well being and saying that we dont neen more immigrants in this country. Whats even more pathetic is that some people who applied around the same time and never got RQ had said .."oh they are making sure you are eligible and just be patient and bla bla.." The minute they get the citizenship they forget that they were in the same boat last week.. 

Do not despair The King. You told them about you. That is easily brushed aside and dismissed! Plant the idea of their family's file being stuck in Buffalo and them not being able to sponsor his mother and see how that self centered man flips 180 degrees. Tell them how, for no reason whatsoever, their brother, mother, sister, father's file could be RQd and tell them about the potential wait time. I have tried it and it did wonders. Wonders I tell you. This is the only message we need to deliver. I do not need anyone's bitty. The should not help me becuase they feel sorry for me, they should help themselves.

Edited by Wael55 - 01 Feb 2013 at 4:17pm
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by yrfalina yrfalina wrote:

Good luck to all those who took the initiative to tackle the RQ issue. I think it would be very prudent not to over-exaggerate your abilities to influence the course of events. Overexaggeration of abilities may be as harmful as sitting idle and doing nothing. Being realistic is a virtue and better than running after an illusion. Anyways, good luck again.

Imagine if MLK or the women liberation movement had a similar sentiment. 
vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by yrfalina yrfalina wrote:

We will not stop :)
vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 10:07pm

Originally posted by vefabuyuk vefabuyuk wrote:

Protest in front of each CIC office. People needed. Volume needed. Lets hit the nail on the head this time!

I do not think a protest is a good idea vefabuyuk. I would prefer we focous our attention on media out-reach. Hit them where it hurts, their voters! Let us show them that their actions of ignoring us will cost them dearly come next by-election or general election. Our comunities should know that if they do not vote these people out, their mothers, brothers, sisters, wives, friends and son's lives will be effected one way or another. This is the message that we should send to our communities.

Your thoughts!

Well said
peter95 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 10:37pm

Protest in front of each CIC office. People needed. Volume needed. Lets hit the nail on the head this time!

I do not think a protest is a good idea vefabuyuk. I would prefer we focous our attention on media out-reach. Hit them where it hurts, their voters! Let us show them that their actions of ignoring us will cost them dearly come next by-election or general election. Our comunities should know that if they do not vote these people out, their mothers, brothers, sisters, wives, friends and son's lives will be effected one way or another. This is the message that we should send to our communities.

Your thoughts!

Well said

In USA republican party was against reforming the immigration but now they want to reform the immigration as they are loosing the Hispanic votes. Do not forget politicians are like business man. politics is their business  and voters are their customers. No politician dare to loose its customer mean us as voter.Once they feel big chunk of customers can go to other party they start changing the behavior. this is the power of common man. But biggest problem is that how to mobilize the movement  we are not united, we do not know each other. We do not have a organisation like ACLU in USA which have over 50,000 members. If we have a organisation in Canada who can speak on the behalf of common man thru media that will bring change.Than govt will Listen us because they can not afford to  loose us. In Canada victory margin is very low from few vote to thousands votes. Few people cry no body cares when thousands of people cry together than every body will  care.  

Edited by peter95 - 01 Feb 2013 at 11:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic