Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Passport should I inform CIC?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ked22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Passport should I inform CIC?
    Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 1:47pm
Hello,

Could anyone please tell me if I should let CIC know that I have a new passport and therefore a new passport number? I just faxed them a copy of my most recent stamp of entry into the Country, showing that I am on visitor visa to update my application (application for PR via common law sponsorship). But I didn't mention that the stamp was in my new passport, which now has an electronic chip.

Thanks for any advice!
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 2:06pm
Yes, I certainly would advise them of the new passport & passport number.
Originally posted by ked22 ked22 wrote:

Hello,

Could anyone please tell me if I should let CIC know that I have a new passport and therefore a new passport number? I just faxed them a copy of my most recent stamp of entry into the Country, showing that I am on visitor visa to update my application (application for PR via common law sponsorship). But I didn't mention that the stamp was in my new passport, which now has an electronic chip.

Thanks for any advice!
"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:45pm
Yes, you absolutely need to inform them ASAP in regards to your new passport.
Your new passport will have a new passport number and a new expiry date.
Important information for CIC to have as your visa is issued based on the passport number they have on hand.
ked22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ked22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:58pm
I am a little concerned now, as they will be processing my application very soon as it was sent in June. Please can anyone tell me the best way to let them know

Thanks
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 5:24pm

I am a little concerned now, as they will be processing my application very soon as it was sent in June. Please can anyone tell me the best way to let them know
Thanks

I just faxed them a copy of my most recent stamp of entry into the Country, showing that I am on visitor visa to update my application (application for PR via common law sponsorship).

You can fax them a copy of your passport showing number, date of issue and expiry, your name and date of birth, and page showing your most recent entry. If you faxed them copy of your most recent entry, they would see that the number on this most recent entry would not match the number you placed on your application form. And a letter letting them know you are updating the information you provided on your application.

JohnBenjamin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBenjamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 4:32am
Thanks for very good discussion

The American government is constantly striving to make the passport acquiring procedure easier. After receiving all those documents, a Citizen and Immigration (CIC) officer will examine your application taking into account all the information and documentation you have provided.

Get Passports
New Passports
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic