Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, question I need ansswered...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gracie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi, question I need ansswered...
    Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:20pm
Hi,

Just to give a bit of a background.

I am living in Canada with my husband, and, my PR is seeming to take longer than it should. Today I noticed that the ID number on my 'extended stay visa' is different than my ID number from the PR office in Vegarville...is this normal?

Seems the numbers should match, especially since my previous 'extended stay visa' has the same number as my PR.

Is there a logical answer to this, or does anyone know?

Thanks...
There is always a rainbow after each storm.
gracie123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gracie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:26pm
I also have a question concerning this...

It has taken so long for the processing of my Federal Canada sponsorship, because it was denied twice in Quebec, for reasons we never found out about, but that is now complete. I have my Quebec sponsorship approved, so my question is how long does it normally take to hear back from federal Canada on the sponsorship and PR, after you are finally approved in Quebec?

Do they wait until Quebec approves it, before they even begin on looking at the PR? (My PR has been sent in for almost 2 years now)...and, do they wait on the approval from Quebec to begin looking at the sponsorship to be approved from federal Canada?

This is all so confusing to us, and I cannot get any answers on the phone.

Thanks..if you know.
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 5:14pm
My understanding is that until you have the CSQ, CIC won't further the processing of your application.

It sounds like someone screwed up and assigned you a new UCI, but that shouldn't be a problem for your PR application (I've had the same thing happen).

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
gracie123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gracie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 10:12am
Originally posted by computergeek computergeek wrote:

My understanding is that until you have the CSQ, CIC won't further the processing of your application.

It sounds like someone screwed up and assigned you a new UCI, but that shouldn't be a problem for your PR application (I've had the same thing happen).

Thank you, for that answer.

So, now that I have my CSQ, and it has been sent to Federal Canada, do you have any idea how much longer this would take? (or anyone?) My question is in reference to my PR having been sitting with Federal Canada, for over a year now.

Thanks in advance.

Jan

Edited by gracie123 - 17 Dec 2012 at 10:20am
gracie123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gracie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 9:53am
Originally posted by gracie123 gracie123 wrote:

Originally posted by computergeek computergeek wrote:

Thank you, for that answer.

So, now that I have my CSQ, and it has been sent to Federal Canada, do you have any idea how much longer this would take? (or anyone?) My question is in reference to my PR having been sitting with Federal Canada, for over a year now.

Thanks in advance.

Jan

Anyone?

I am trying to figure out if the 'timespan' is still from the date that they received my PR, and Sponsorship papers, which was 9/2010, or if the 14 month process starts again, after it has been cleared from QC, which has only been recently,  10/2011, because QC had  denied it twice, and, without a real reason. We had to hire a lawyer, and they found no reason for a denial, so it never ended up going to Tribunal, but it appeared that QC had made a mistake, and then fixed it, so, we did get the Sponsorship to QC, completed...grrrr, this is so frustrating, because when I called QC to ask, they said once my sponsorship was completed, they closed my file....and told me to call Federal Canada for my answers, but they didnt seem to know either....when I login to the online 'check', it says, 'still processing', under my Sponsorship, even though, the Sponsorship has been completed, in QC.

This is why it is confusing to us. Does anyone know the answer to this, or had a similar situation?

Thanks in advance, again.

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 4:42pm

I do not know the answer to your quandry in particular.

I can say, however, that timelines at CIC are essentially general reports, that is, they indicate what CIC has done for a certain percentage of clients going through the same process. Usually this is based on processing times for 80 percent. For some categories of processing, the Open Data site contains similar statistical information reflecting processing for fifty percent.

Quote I am trying to figure out if the 'timespan' is still from the date that they received my PR, and Sponsorship papers, which was 9/2010, or if the 14 month process starts again . . .

There is no controlling timespan. The timelines are general information about past (already done) application processing, and do not specify anything more than what might be anticipated usually but not always.

This, as in what can be anticipated usually but not always, tends to be irrelevant for any application which has already gone off-the-rails (so to say), meaning that once an application has (for whatever reason) fallen out of the routine processing track for applications of that sort, the reported timelines are not worth much at all, not at all a reliable resource for predicting how long things will take.

Applications already off-the-rails can indeed get bogged down.

Jason Kenney once described a two-year suspension of processing as a "temporary pause" in the program. That gives you some idea about CIC's approach to time.

In the meantime, your sponsor can contact his or her MP, or make inquiry directly to CIC, by letter if need be. And I would recommend doing both of these.   

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 9:40pm
Once you are far beyond normal processing times, you have the option of filing a legal action requesting Mandamus from the Federal Court.  One thing I have observed about Mandamus cases is that they almost never make it to hearing.  Justice Canada can be most persuasive when it comes to getting CIC to move when suitably motivated.

I know it worked in my case.

Also: the open data project posts time for 20, 30, 50, 70 and 80% of applications.  It can be rather insightful.

http://www.data.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=5175A6F0-1&xsl=datacataloguerecord&metaxsl=datacataloguerecord&formid=427337D0-7C36-4FED-8428-C6A63F8C19B3

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
gracie123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gracie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 9:57am
Thanks' ya'll.

I am going to try calling again, after all the holidays are over with. You have helped  bunches. Btw, Happy New Year!
Faisal123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faisal123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 12:38pm
i am Faisal Live in Lahore Pakistan pleas tell me Some information i received acknowledgment of receipt of application 30 may 2012 they ask me marriage  Documents call history money receipt and my wife boarding pass ticket and some pics and bla bla i send via FedEx with in few days my wife submitted  cause in Canada 4 march 2011 pls tell me what is my next process/ step  and pleas give me some information 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic