Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

American Degrees

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tithis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Degrees
    Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 12:09pm
I'm a young American male looking into the whole immigration process in Canada. I've been thinking of possibly moving to the Ottawa region in the future for work in the IT field.

My main question is about how American degrees are judged in Canada both by the government and by potential employers.

I'm currently enrolled in a Bachelors degree program for Computer Information Systems which I'll complete this coming spring and I already possess an Associates in the same field from a community college. Both of the schools have been accredited by NEASC(http://cihe.neasc.org/)

Do you think I would have any  problem getting both degrees recognized by the government and get me either a or b under the new federal skilled worker point system?

a) Two or more post-secondary credentials, one of which is a three-year or longer post-secondary credential: 22 points

b)Three-year or longer post-secondary credential: 21 points

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic