Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fingerprint for FBI livescan??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimstrongy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fingerprint for FBI livescan??
    Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 11:29am
I'm just wondering if anyone submitted fingerprints to FBI with Live Scan electronically?
How long did it take to get FBI criminal background back from FBI?

Did you have problems with Canadian Immigration because it was live scan vs. fingerprints on paper?

Where can I get livescan done I called my police department and they say they can do it but they don't submit to FBI only to my state.

I'm confused please help

Thank you,
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 1:32pm
Hi

Originally posted by jimstrongy jimstrongy wrote:

I'm just wondering if anyone submitted fingerprints to FBI with Live Scan electronically?How long did it take to get FBI criminal background back from FBI?Did you have problems with Canadian Immigration because it was live scan vs. fingerprints on paper?Where
can I get livescan done I called my police department and they say they
can do it but they don't submit to FBI only to my state.I'm confused please helpThank you,

Yes, a number of posters on another form used chanellers with live scan and had their FBI PCCs refused, as they weren't on the FBI secure print out. Use paper based prints.
PMM
jimstrongy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimstrongy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 2:12pm
I just went to local police station that does fingerprints, they asked me what for I said FBI Criminal Background.
With an attitude clerk ask me yea but for what I said immigration.
She said we don't do them here for immigration, is this true?

I tried to explain that it is not for US immigration but for Canadian immigrarion but she just didn't want to hear none of it.

She gave ma special address of police station that does for immigration (which in fact is only open for 2 hours every week and its 30 miles away).

Am i wrong for going to local police station??? I don't understand its not for US immigration so why are they making a big deal?

Did you have to go to that special police station that does immigration fingerprints???
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 6:46pm
Hi

Originally posted by jimstrongy jimstrongy wrote:

I just went to local police station that does fingerprints, they asked me what for I said FBI Criminal Background.With an attitude clerk ask me yea but for what I said immigration. She said we don't do them here for immigration, is this true?I tried to explain that it is not for US immigration but for Canadian immigrarion but she just didn't want to hear none of it.She
gave ma special address of police station that does for immigration
(which in fact is only open for 2 hours every week and its 30 miles
away).Am i wrong for going to local police station??? I don't understand its not for US immigration so why are they making a big deal?Did you have to go to that special police station that does immigration fingerprints???

Just google "fingerprints" for your area and I bet you will find a number of companies that will take your prints on the FBI form.
PMM
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 12:13am
Some companies use the live scan reader and print out your fingerprints onto the FBI card stock.  I have done this, without problem.  What you don't want them to do is act as a channeler for the results - CIC does not appear to accept that for PR applications.

As pmm suggested, there are usually plenty of commercial companies that do fingerprints, many of them mobile - so they come to you.
FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
RobertWilliam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertWilliam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:10am
Yeah, certifix live scan does that. I went last month for DOJ and FBI background check. live scan data was sent to FBI, it was fast. i guess u should confirm with immigartion what they really want.

Edited by RobertWilliam - 30 Sep 2015 at 8:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic