Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Medical

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 11:03am
'OP2 - Processing Members of the Family Class', CIC:
5.19 Medical Requirements
"Members of the family class are medically inadmissible if they or their family members are likely to be a danger to public health or to public safety or if their admission might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demands on health or social services [A38(1)].
francohoosier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francohoosier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 11:43am
I stand partially corrected. (Thanks sami55) It is only spousal / partner sponsorship that is exempt:

OP2 - Processing Members of the Family Class:

5.20. Exceptions to medical inadmissibility

A38(2)(a) states that spouses, common-law partners and dependent children who are members of

the family class are not inadmissible even if they have a medical condition that will result in

excessive demand to health or social services.

R24 provides further exemption from medical inadmissibility that might reasonably be expected to

cause excessive demand on health or social services for conjugal partners and children to be

adopted.

So this works to my advantage, but for KarneyCanadian's parents, it's not the same story. :( 

1/31/11: App sent to CPC-M
2/11/11: App rec'vd
3/10/11: Decision made, sent to Buffalo
3/21/11: CSQ app sent to MICC
3/24/11: Buffalo rec'vd
4/5/11: CSQ issued
7/13/11: AOR (forced after inquiry)
destanova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote destanova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 12:49pm
francohoosier: Did you find that when you called DMP's offices that they were generally knowledgeable about the requirements for a spousal/family class immigration medical?

I'm beginning to get to the point where I"m ready to schedule my medical appointment. However, I'm still unsure of everything I need. I've read on this thread, and others, about photographs? Can someone point me in the right direction for a list of everything I need/need to know, when booking my appointment and showing up for the medical?

Thanks!
francohoosier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francohoosier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 3:42pm
Unfortunately not really. The very first place I called was the one that told me I shouldn't even get the exam done till they request it! It varies widely from office to office. Some are really on top of their game, others are clueless and/or don't care. My advice would be to find an office that does immigration exams on a regular basis. A few places I called told me that the doctor travelled and only had one or two appointment slots a month for immigration. 

The only solid information I got was from calling CIC to get the straight story. For my case (outland spousal) I need to bring in the Appendix C form from "Part 3: Country Specific Instructions." The form the doctor's office has to fill out is called something like, "Formula A" and the guy from CIC said that it is something only the doctor should have and that the form isn't available in any publications, nor can he tell me what's on it. Matter of fact, we're not allowed to even see the medical report that the doctor types up from our exam! Sounds more than a bit shady to me, but it's the government... X_X

As far as photo and ID requirements, i don't know why, but each office has slightly different requests. They all require passport-style photos, but some places told me 2, others said 6. This number may depend on them wanting photos for their own records to open a patient file on you. Also, they all request at least 1 form of ID like your actual passport, birth certificate, driver's license, etc. One place went so far as to tell me they needed my husband's ID to prove that I was really being sponsored by a canadian resident! 

The good news is, there are guidelines for how the photos should be taken in Appendix B of "Part 3: Country Specific Instructions."

So to recap, you will need to bring:

•Completed Appendix C form from "Part 3: Country Specific Instructions"
• Several passport-style photos (can vary by doctor)
• One or more valid forms of ID
• Anything else bizarre the medical clinic might request of you (within reason)

The forms for "Part 3" Country Specific Instructions" can be downloaded at the bottom of this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#region

And the list of DMP's by region can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

I hope this helps some, but again this is only my experience, and I myself haven't gotten a medical exam done yet because I'm waiting to get a temp. work permit and change status (another story) before I officially submit anything for permanent immigration. When in doubt though, trust CIC and not the offices! :P 
1/31/11: App sent to CPC-M
2/11/11: App rec'vd
3/10/11: Decision made, sent to Buffalo
3/21/11: CSQ app sent to MICC
3/24/11: Buffalo rec'vd
4/5/11: CSQ issued
7/13/11: AOR (forced after inquiry)
destanova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote destanova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 6:51pm
francohoosier: Thanks. I know all this information is out there.. but sometimes it really is easier just to ask and get someone first person point-of-view!

I'll at least have a baseline knowledge when I start calling around!
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 10:29pm
THIS TOPIC ABOUT medical and photos has come up time and again
so it may be useful to have a look at previous recent posts also.

Franco thou art modest.

the number of photos varies according to country specifics (some of us had to submit 8 )
and those photo have to meet very strict specification requirements as well. so it is best to take the appendix B and C to the studio where you are getting the photos done...

mb25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mb25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 9:48am
hi..i would like to post my experience of sponsoring my mother from india...i had filed her application from mississauga in 2003...my mother got a letter in 2007 for her medical exam and in 2008 was rejected under sec 381 c (excessive cost ) as she had a coronary bypass in 2002 and is on medication for hypertension and diabetes.
I filed an appeal in 2008 and my appeal was allowed in apr2010. In June my mother recd another set of forms in new delhi which were filled and then she was asked to go for her medical again.
Now here is what is happening at delhi...They sent her another letter saying that she may be rejected under sec 381 c due to her medical condition (exactly the same letter that she had recd 3 years earlier).
My understanding is that IAD ruling is binding and that she cannot be rejected again on the same grounds(38 1 c)...i have written back to the HC in delhi alongwith a copy of the IAD judgement..but i am totally confused by the purpose or reason behind sending this letter...is this normal or has the delhi office sent it by mistake?? What are the options available to me...i am the only child and my mother is single woman staying alone now 77 years old and after her medical rejection in 2008 i had also taken steps (angiography/angioplasty dne) ...IF IAD has decided appeal in my favour on Humanitarian grounds why is my mother being issued this letter...any info wd be really appreciated...thanks... 
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 10:38am
MB25

sorry to hear of your case
hope it works out for you..
you may need to post this topic on   appeals , and or ND apps etc.
AND SEE IF THAT helps if you get no joy here.
mb25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mb25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 12:58pm
sami...since you are quite knowledgeable on this subject...my ques is...isnt the IAd ruling binding...and isnt itr true that a person cannot be rejected on the same grounds twice?? and if that is the case what is the logic behind sending this letter... 
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 10:51am
Karney this may help you

mb25 thank you for the compliment ..wishing you well

have a look at this and see if it helps
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op15-eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic