FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FINGERPRINT REQUEST FROM MISSISSAUGA OFFICE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sendi-mississauga View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sendi-mississauga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FINGERPRINT REQUEST FROM MISSISSAUGA OFFICE
    Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by bigbh bigbh wrote:

Folks, My fingerprints were digitally transmitted to RCMP on 11th June...Got my letter in the mail this week for the citizenship test..My test date is 1st September...

GOOD FOR YOU bigbh! I am still waiting.
I AM CANADIAN!!!
moabb4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moabb4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 1:37pm
Dear Bigbh...
Where do you live ? which office is processing your application.
I submitted my fingerprints on July 22nd  I just want to have an Idea
My application is processed in  Mississauga. Ont.
bigbh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 12:26pm
Folks, My fingerprints were digitally transmitted to RCMP on 11th June...Got my letter in the mail this week for the citizenship test..My test date is 1st September...
frankie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 9:06am
App Rec'd Jun 2/09; Started Processing Feb 27/10; Trans. to Calgary Mar 23/10; FP to RCMP Mar 31/10; Test - Nov 23/10; Oath - Nov 23/10.
frankie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 11:10am
Just to give you all an update. My husband sent an email on June 26 to the RCMP at  the below email address. On July 6, he received a reply from CivilNPS asking for clarification on which name was his first name and which name was his last name or family surname. My husband replied back on July 6. In the original email sent by my husband he showed his full name in the following format:
"First Middle Last", exactly how it appears on his PR Card and on form C-216C, which is the form containing his fingerprints and personal data that was sent by the accredited FP agency to the RCMP on March 31. I guess this wasn't sufficient for the RCMP to answer our email so they wanted to know which name was his first name and which name was his last name.

We are still waiting for an answer from CivilNPS on whether the BG checks are now completed and what date the RCMP sent the results to the local Calgary CIC office who requested the fingerprints. FP were sent electronically on March 31 to RCMP.

Originally posted by frankie frankie wrote:

I looked through the RCMP web site and I found the information copied and pasted below on this web page: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/app-dem-eng.htm.  I will send an email today to the address shown below to ask if the RCMP have completed the screening service and when the results were forwarded to the local Calgary office. I will keep you posted if we receive a reply and what it says.

How do I verify the status of my application?

Civil Fingerprinting Screening Services

Contact us by e-mail at [email protected] and provide the following information:

• Your full name and date of birth
  • The date and the reason you sent the application
  • Whether the processing fee was included (if applicable)

App Rec'd Jun 2/09; Started Processing Feb 27/10; Trans. to Calgary Mar 23/10; FP to RCMP Mar 31/10; Test - Nov 23/10; Oath - Nov 23/10.
frankie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 7:30pm
Shaz, most welcome. I will post in this forum how long it takes to get an email reply from the RCMP and if they tell me the date that the results of the fingerprint screening were sent to Calgary office. We have not yet called the CIC call centre to ask the same question, but we will do this later in the week. I hope to hear back from the RCMP before the end of the week, however, they posted a note on their web site saying that they are experiencing a high number of requests.

I also wonder if perhaps the G8 and G20 summits held recently in Ontario might have diverted RCMP resources away from citizenship applications so they could focus on security concerns specifically related to these summits.

Frankie
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 7:21pm
thanks a lot frankie .. that was really useful info ..Smile and all the best !!
shaz
App Rec'd July 17/09; Started Processing Mar 18/10; Transferred to Calgary Apr 30/10;Test-waiting; Oath- waiting;
frankie View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 7:16pm
HI Shaz,
In the letter from the local Calgary CIC office requesting the fingerprints, they attached a page of Accredited Electronic Fingerprint agencies in Calgary where you can go to have fingerprints taken and sent electronically to the RCMP. Here's the list my husband received for Calgary (we went to the Canadian Legal Resource Centre, shown below. Recommend you call first as most agencies require an appointment):

Commissionaires Canada
Electronic Fingerprint Agency
Corps of Commissionaires
518 9th Ave. S.E.
Calgary, AB  T2G 0S1
Tel. 403.244.4664
Email: [email protected]

International Fingerprinting Services
103 - 615 McLeod Trail S.
Calgary, AB  T2G 4T8
Tel. 403.261.9880
Office Hours: 8:30-3:30, by appointment

International Fingerprinting Services
4888 72nd Ave. S.E.
Calgary, AB  T2C 3Z2
Tel. 877-236-8544

Canadian Legal Resource Centre Inc. (this is where my husband went)
Suite 319, 4014 McLeod Trail S.
Calgary, AB  T2G 2R7
Tel. 403.229.2774
Web site: www.canadianlegal.org

Other Accredited Fingerprint Agency (does not say if they do electronic FP at this location):
Access Legal Reseach Inc.
700, 933 17th Ave. S.W.
Calgary, AB  T2T 5R6
Tel. 403.228.1300

The letter also provides these following instructions:

When you go to have your fingerprints taken, you must bring with you:
  • the letter requesting your fingerprints so that your citizenship file number and the address of the citizenship office requesting your fingerprints are properly noted on the fingerprint form;
  • your proof of permanent resident status (Record of Landing (IMM1000) or Permanent Resident Card);
  • at least one other piece of valid identification that contains a photo and signature; and
  • the appropriate fees.
We went to the Canadian Legal Resource Centre after first calling ahead for an appointment. The agent was very professional, completed form C-216C with the relevant information, took my husbands fingersprints electronically and then sent them to the RCMP right away while we were still in the room and gave us a paper copy of the form C-216C that shows all my husband's fingerprints, photo and personal data. By the way, she also took a digital photo of my husband to accompany the form to the RCMP. The fee was $50 plus GST.

DrSec View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrSec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 5:56pm

For citizenship grant I think they will do it in less than two weeks. This is what I was advised by a certified criminal record check company in Montreal where I did my fingerprinting. This was my second experience. I did my first fingerprinting in Canada in 2005 for immigration purpose. That one was paper-based and took around two months to be processed.

The link below is where I did my fingerprinting. You can check this link for waiting time:

Fingerprinting and criminal record processing is independent service that is being done by RCMP not just for citizenship purpose but for many other serious inquiries like Employment, Court cases, etc... If Citizenship offices or Citizenship Call centers do not provide reliable information to the clients, it does not mean RCMP is doing very random job.

I would like to add that Electronic fingerprinting is different than Electronic submission. For immigration my fingerprints was taken by digital reader then printed on paper and submitted.

Also processing time would be affected by quality of your fingerprints and fingerprinting process. If one of your fingerprint falsely identified as a criminal or Automatic Identification Unit suggests some fingerprints from criminals that have some similarities to yours, then an expert officer should examin it manually that introduce some delays. So having high quality fingerprints can help system to process it faster.

In any fingerprint Identification or verification systems, there are two important parameters:
1) FAR (False Acceptance Rate)
2) FRR (False Rejection Rate)

In Fingerprint Verification Systems, FAR should be zero. For example you want to use a Fingerprint Veritication System as access control for your apartment. So your system should be very picky and don't let anyone other than you and people that are enrolled to the system enter the building.

In Fingerprint Identification System (the one that police is using), FRR should be almost zero and FAR is being set to some value depend on rigorousness and strictness. That means any similarity to a criminal fingerprint should not be ignored and suspects should be examined by an expert. In other word this kind of systems is trying to identify and not verify.

Regards

Edited by DrSec - 27 Jun 2010 at 7:22pm
sendi-mississauga View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sendi-mississauga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 5:06pm
[QUOTE=DrSec]

RCMP always replies inquiries about status of fingerprinting/criminal applications whitin 2-3 working days from date of your inquiry. If you send them your fingerprint electronically it takes less than two weeks for them to process it and send results to your local citizenship office but if you send them paper-based fingerprints it would take longer and sometimes a few months from date of submission. I personally sumbitted electronic version of my fingerprints through a certified criminal record check center and a few days after submission, RCMP replied my email that the criminal processing is done and they will send it to my local CIC office. So fingerprinting is not big deal. Just do it quickly at a certified criminal record check centers and they will care about rest of the process.

FYI,  my email (dated March 29, 2010):

Hello RCMP,

I would like to know the status of my application for Fingerprint Screening/Criminal Record. My information is:

First Name: XXXXXXXXXXX

Family Name: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Date of Birth:  XXXXXX 

Reason of Application: Citizenship Grant

Date of Application: Electronic Fingerprints/Application on March 25, 2010

Thank you,

---------------------
RCMP's reply (dated March 30, 2010) :

Good day,

In reply to your request for a status update for our Civil Criminal Records Check in the matter of:

<my family name>, <my first name>

Has been completed on the week of 2010-03-29 and will be sent to the following address:

<My Local Office>  CIC

DrSec,

I don't think that RCMP replies always as fast as you stated. There were many people on this forum who had the same experience as me. In my case it took them almost 4 months to send the results back to local CIC, and I did the electronic ones as well. Some people are just luckier I guess. It is the same with some citizenship apps. as well. Some people are done with the whole process in a year, some of them experience huge delays for no exact reason.
I AM CANADIAN!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic