Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit Visa Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amir80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visit Visa Tips
    Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 11:33am

Salam all,

I am going to apply for Canadian visit visa though i have already applied for Canadian Immigration as a Fed Skilled Worker two years ago at Islamabad High Commission

My question to you guys is that Could anybody give me some clues that what sort of query the embassy do.Do they call at office/home?What type of questions do they ask etc.The person who already applied for a visit visa can give a better answer.I hope to get some good replies from the people over here in this forum

Thank You
Amir
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by amir80 amir80 wrote:

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">Salam all,

I am going to apply for Canadian visit visa though i have already applied for Canadian Immigration as a Fed Skilled Worker two years ago at Islamabad High Commission

My question to you guys is that Could anybody give me some clues that what sort of query the embassy do.Do they call at office/home?What type of questions do they ask etc.The person who already applied for a visit visa can give a better answer.I hope to get some good replies from the people over here in this forum

Thank You

Amir

You should show enough proof of ties with your country (Is it India?). Explore "dual intent". The onus is on you to show that you have enough reason to want to go back to your country after your visit is over (should you be be granted a visit visa). Officers do not normally call you for interview when applying for a visit visa.
Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 2:40pm
Best ties you can prove you have is a wife and kids. They don't really get all that impressed with you having a land or a house or a car or even a job, unless they're nicer than where I come from. School may be another good tie, as well as a really fat money account :-).
Application sent: September 17th, 2009
Application received: September 18th, 2009
Started processing application: October 26th, 2009
Decision made: March 17th, 2010

Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 2:41pm

Oh and usually, for visitor's visa applications interview is same day.
Application sent: September 17th, 2009
Application received: September 18th, 2009
Started processing application: October 26th, 2009
Decision made: March 17th, 2010

amir80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amir80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 11:59am
Thanks all of u for ur suggestions and advises.
amir80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amir80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 12:14pm
If i write in the application that i am married,may be they will be more sure that he has a wife,he will try not to come as in Pakistan India most people work on low or moderate salaries and he will try to stay as much as he can to earn money for his family.

2)Do they consider this point that this person's application of Federal skill workers has already in the process for two year.May be we will ask him to submit his documents in a year or so.So why wouldn't we grant him a two months visa as he has been working for his organization for 7 years.Please give me some suggestion.Is my application a positive factor  or it will give a negative impact?

The second thing is that My boss is in America now a days he will come in June and handed over his work to his son who is totally illiterate he only knows how to do the signature and that amir works here and he is on this post what sort of other questions embassy can ask from my owner.Anybody had this experience please do share with me so that i can tell my owner in advance to get ready for these questions and answer the visa officer in this manner.

Some of you may applied for visit visa and succeed and some of you may applied and unfortunately refused to get it.What sort of reason do they give you while they refused your application?Successful and UnSuccessful Candidates please reply to my question.I will be thankful to you.I read on the CIC website that if they refuse they always send a paper with a reason of refusal.Give me some precautions or safety majors which i should take while i am going to apply

Replies will be highly appreciated by me
Thank you
Amir
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by amir80 amir80 wrote:

If i write in the application that i am married,may be they will be more sure that he has a wife,he will try not to come as in Pakistan India most people work on low or moderate salaries and he will try to stay as much as he can to earn money for his family.

2)Do they consider this point that this person's application of Federal skill workers has already in the process for two year.May be we will ask him to submit his documents in a year or so.So why wouldn't we grant him a two months visa as he has been working for his organization for 7 years.Please give me some suggestion.Is my application a positive factor  or it will give a negative impact?

The second thing is that My boss is in America now a days he will come in June and handed over his work to his son who is totally illiterate he only knows how to do the signature and that amir works here and he is on this post what sort of other questions embassy can ask from my owner.Anybody had this experience please do share with me so that i can tell my owner in advance to get ready for these questions and answer the visa officer in this manner.

Some of you may applied for visit visa and succeed and some of you may applied and unfortunately refused to get it.What sort of reason do they give you while they refused your application?Successful and UnSuccessful Candidates please reply to my question.I will be thankful to you.I read on the CIC website that if they refuse they always send a paper with a reason of refusal.Give me some precautions or safety majors which i should take while i am going to apply

Replies will be highly appreciated by me

Thank you

Amir

Really depends upon your reason for applying for a visit visa.

1) If you have a good job worth returning to after the visit, then that is one factor in your favor.

2) Explore "dual intent". Yes you have applied to immigrate under FSW but should your FSW application be turned down you would go back to your home country or go back to your country once the allowed visit is over. So this is where your reason for going to Canada for a visit comes in. It must be something really pressing.

It does not matter that your boss is not there and handed over his work to his son who is totally illiterate he only knows how to do the signature and that amir works here and he is on this post what sort of other questions embassy can ask from my owner. Visa officers do not normally call employers or even the applicant.
amir80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amir80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 9:33pm
Thanks job seeker for ur reply.I am waiting to take idea from someone who applied for visit visa in Islamabad?I need to know what happened and how it happened?
amir80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amir80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 10:27am
No body had such idea or info? :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic