Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am curious... I would like to know.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peaches14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 10:14am
Hi Dani,

Wow, very interesting indeed.  I don't have anything quite that interesting about my family background.  My father's grandparents brought their family here from Sicily to Ontario although my grandfather never spoke Italian in the family home.  The descendants on my mother's side are English and I don't have any history about them except that they were from Burlington, Ontario and eventually moved to Hamilton.  I only speak and write English fluently although I enjoyed French class very much when I was in school.  I was 18 when I got married the first time and far too young I must say and it didn't last long.  I had one child from that union and he is the only one, now 30.  I married a second time in 1998 to a man that was 17 years younger than me and he was German.  He and his family were living in Hamilton when I met him.  I understand some of the language because the family spoke it all of the time as it was easier for them.  I was with this man for 9 years until his sudden death in 2006.  My heart literally broke into two pieces and I was lost for many years.  If it wasn't for the internet I would never have met and fell in love with my current husband who is Australian. I took his last name and didn't think twice about it. 

Since the shock of the death of my second husband I have never taken anything for granted.  I realize how important it is to be happy and to appreciate family and friends and to do the things in life I have always dreamed about.  I used to be a very serious person but all I want now is to be happy and live out my life with the man I believe is my soul mate.  I feel like the luckiest person alive to have what I have. 

I wouldn't say my life has been at all boring, as a matter of fact, it would be an interesting read but what I really want in this life is inner peace.  I don't want to harbour any bad feelings about this immigration process I just want to get moving in one direction or another and begin living.  I am not interested in any new challenges as I don't want to lose the goodness from my soul.  

I don't want you to be sad or scared.  Everything will work out in the end.  You just got off to the wrong start.  Tell me more about your second language.  I worked a second job years ago as a special needs worker with an adult child that had down syndrome.  He couldn't communicate verbally but did know sign language.  I considered learning it but was already working a full-time and part-time job and taking college courses at night, so didn't pursue it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic