Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am curious... I would like to know.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*Dani*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 4:58am

Edited by ~*Dani*~ - 27 Feb 2013 at 10:29am
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 11:49am
I hope for your husband's sake you find someone to help you with your personal feelings in this matter.  I suspect you are suffering from situational depression, but killing yourself would just make things much worse for your family and your husband - and CIC certainly will not suffer.

The only way you can win here is to allow your lawyer to do his job and let him beat CIC. Visa officers are humans, they are heavily overworked and they can and do make mistakes.  The purpose of the IAD is to identify and rectify those mistakes.  From what I can tell, IAD appeals in SK are reasonably fast.

In the meantime, try not to focus on them.  Take care of yourself.  Focus on you and your husband and use this to strengthen your relationship.

Edited by computergeek - 14 Nov 2012 at 11:50am
FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 1:08pm
I agree with computergeek.

Please try to get some help. The immigration process is largely beyond your control now. Please take care of yourself.

In the meantime, I have an acquaintance here (friend and colleague of my wife) who married a man in Morocco and whose application was denied and who appealed. It was hard. It took a lot longer than was convenient, with a lot of anxiety in the meantime, but eventually IAD reversed the VO's decision. They are now together here.

Unfortunately, the level of scrutiny given applicants from some countries is higher than that given others. Nothing you can do about that. Best thing to do is take care of yourself, be prepared for some delays, some inconveniences, some setbacks, but remain determined to weather the storms and march on.

Unfortunately, the level of skepticism in some VOs, regarding the intent to return to Canada issue, is greater. And unfortunately the issue is not your real, subjective intent, but rather to what extent has the applicant submitted sufficient proof of a plan to return to Canada. Your lawyer is the best source of information and opinion regarding what you have submitted and what can be submitted while the appeal is pending, so the best you can do is rely on your lawyer.

Hang in there.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
Peaches14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peaches14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 11:16am
Hi Dani,

I believe you said you were a Canadian Citizen at birth.  Do you mind me asking how long you lived in Canada following your birth or how long you lived in Morocco or outside of Canada since your birth?
~*Dani*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*Dani*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 12:25pm

Edited by ~*Dani*~ - 27 Feb 2013 at 10:30am
blondie1216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie1216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 1:37pm
Hey Dani, there should be no rejection for not being in Canada as long as you can provide evidence that you plan to move as soon as your hubbys papers are done. You do not have to be in Canada during the processing unless your a PR aNd you stated that you are a citizen by birth.

As for proof of relationship.. Have you ordered notes? They can shed light and maybe you needed more proof. We can't tell you unless you know for sure but the good thing is.. You have a lawyer that will help you through the process.
Everything in it's time.
blondie1216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie1216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by ~*Dani*~ ~*Dani*~ wrote:

I am white Canadian..I born in Saskatoon, SK to Canadian parents and stayed in Saskatoon all of my life. my mom`s side is my great great great grandparents came to Canada in 1912 from Romania and my father`s side came to New France(now Quebec) back in late  1600`s from France.   soooo....I am 100% Canadian citizen. I have Saskatchewan Birth Certificate and Canadian passeport. 

I came to Morocco to be with my husband was in August 2011. so I`ve been here for a year.  

i am very depressed.. the Embassy and VO destroyed me emotionally big time. I lost interest in everything such like doing laundry, cleaning the room, and eating food. I have absolutely no interest in that.I let it slide away. not interested.

my husband encouraged me to forget about what VO said in the letter but I wont, i am obsessed about getting a visa for my husband want us together in Canada(Saskatoon) and have family..   well.. our future plans is ruined of this..I have no hopes, nothing.

it destroyed me. I am very skeptical about the appeal process, the IAD and the lawyer.. I am pessimistic about this and have no hopes...It is end of world for me, really.

Did your provide proof of intent to return to Canada? 
Everything in it's time.
Peaches14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peaches14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 1:39pm

Peaches14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peaches14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 1:59pm
I agree with Blondie and I agree with some of the latest replies regarding leaving the rest of this fight up to your lawyer.  On the upside of this situation you are with the one you love.  If the relationship is genuine and you really want this bad enough then you need to get out of this state of mind you are in and put your confidence in your lawyer and your faith in God.  I see more positives than negatives in your situation.
~*Dani*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*Dani*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 5:38pm

Edited by ~*Dani*~ - 27 Feb 2013 at 10:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic