Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am curious... I would like to know.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*Dani*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am curious... I would like to know.
    Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 12:50pm
Hi everyone!

I couldn't find any to delete the posts I made and want to close my account on this site for good.

Edited by ~*Dani*~ - 27 Feb 2013 at 10:23am
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 6:51pm
So you're not "officially" married yet? You say you will have a wedding in January 2013. The absence of a marriage certificate must be a reason, because if there is no wedding there can;t be a certificate.

CIC does not like proxy marriages, or marriages over the phone/internet, as it causes them to think it is not real marriage...

But yeah, good luck for the rest of the process.

computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 9:58pm
Living together for a year qualifies as "common-law".  There is a legal right not to marry in Canadian jurisprudence.  Thus statements that because they are not "officially married" their relationship is suspect is improper.

Note that a hearing before IAD is de novo and new evidence (including evidence they have married) may be submitted to the tribunal.

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
~*Dani*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*Dani*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 4:58am
**erased**

Edited by ~*Dani*~ - 27 Feb 2013 at 10:24am
~*Dani*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*Dani*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 4:59am

Edited by ~*Dani*~ - 27 Feb 2013 at 10:24am
~*Dani*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*Dani*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 7:22am
.................erasing.......

Edited by ~*Dani*~ - 27 Feb 2013 at 10:25am
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 1:48pm
Without looking at the electronic case notes it is difficult for anyone to know why the VO rejected the application.  However the grounds that the relationship is not genuine and was entered into to obtain status is a common grounds for such rejections.

So you had a legal civil wedding in September 2011 and will have a religious ceremonial wedding in January 2013?  The only thing that matters to CIC is the civil wedding.

You are fortunate to have a good attorney.  CIC visa officer's can and do make mistakes.  The IAD decisions are filled  with such cases.  A good attorney will be your advocate and explain to the IAD tribunal why yours is a genuine relationship.  The decision of the visa officer can be entirely set aside.

Sadly, this process does take considerable time.

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
paparazzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paparazzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 10:41am
Sorry Dani but only in just few posts you have confused all of us.
First you say:
"We will mail him the wedding photos and video later on( we plan to have a wedding in January 2013)."
and then you say "
no no... we got married last year on September 29th, 2011. we just had our one year anniversary recently in Sept :)"

That means right away a red flag for the immigration too. I just don't want to say anything else but be honest and try to keep the same story without changing it. Immigration doesn't like lies.

Edited by paparazzi - 11 Nov 2012 at 10:47am
GO Nucks GO
MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by paparazzi paparazzi wrote:

Sorry Dani but only in just few posts you have confused all of us.
First you say:
"We will mail him the wedding photos and video later on( we plan to have a wedding in January 2013)."
and then you say "
no no... we got married last year on September 29th, 2011. we just had our one year anniversary recently in Sept :)"

That means right away a red flag for the immigration too. I just don't want to say anything else but be honest and try to keep the same story without changing it. Immigration doesn't like lies.

I agree. You will notice CIC asks many of the same questions again and again across their different forms. What they are doing is a technique called "Probing" in surveys, where the same question re-phrased to look for a disconnect between facts. For eg., one place you said your name is spelled Dani and then at another it is spelled Danie.

If your facts are all mixed up in your application, the VO will definitely refuse it based on it all being a lie. The basic rule is if you give the VO just one reason to doubt any of your information, the VO then doubts the entire application. You have to "get your facts straight" and always "tell the same story".

Edited by MajidS - 11 Nov 2012 at 1:16pm
~*Dani*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~*Dani*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 1:47pm

Edited by ~*Dani*~ - 27 Feb 2013 at 10:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic