Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

US CBP Travel Records

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: US CBP Travel Records
    Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 11:18pm
I received my travel records from US CBP. It is printed by CBP Washington, DC. The time of entry seems to be recorded by Eastern time. I usually cross by land on the west coast. I remember every entry and am sure they happened earlier than the time on the report...does anyone know for certain if the report is prepared by Eastern time?
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 8:42am
Shirley, I don't know the answer, but I'm waiting for us cbp travel records now. I've sent request a month ago. Is there a change I'll get them fairly soon? I'll probably can tell about its timezone then.
Shirley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 10:13am
Thank you, Easyrider. My record took four months to come. I hope you don't have to wait that long. When it does come, can you please let me know?
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 10:57am
Yes, I'll let you know when I'll get them. Hopefully soon.
edmonton2011 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmonton2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 11:36am
I requested a travel record from US CBP 8 months ago and I still have not received it. I received an acknowledgement letter in March, then in September I received another one from them to confirm that  I still need it ...
Timeline spreadsheet

Rec'd: Sep 01, '11
In proc: Jan 24, '12
Test: Apr 25, '13
Oath: Jul 1, '13
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 1:55pm
Wow, 8 months! I'm speechless, as usual. Smile

Americans too like to play endless waiting game. I mean it's 8 months+ to send printout under freedom of information act. Sad.
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 12:01pm
My request number suddenly started working here: https://foia.cbp.gov/Request/palRequestsFind.aspx

Seems they updated system and now it works not only for e-FOIA requests. Received date is off by 2 months for some reason.

SK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 12:19pm
well... for me USCBP came exactly in 45 days.....i even called them up and they updated me on the progress......i think CIC has even played havoc with FOIA requestes in US....i am prettry sure before they would have got 2 or max 5 requestes in a month....since all this started last year that number would have shot in hundreds probabaly.....

Also, why do they care ..its not that you are going to be their citizen......or premanenet address....all the more it is absolutely free. .......

very simple when your own government leaves you at sea.......whatever you get from other governments is what you have to live with......

amazing part is USCBP report is way more complete than CBP report....and more accurate....they share land border with 2 countires ..unlike us .....have 10 times our population....more people going in and coming out......and its canada which uses all these excuses not to make entry exit lamost fool proof......all the more to be its citizen you have to run to some third country agency to prove your presence.....what fun....
edmonton2011 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmonton2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 3:40pm
Their online system does not recognize the first request we sent at the beginning of 2012 (they must have lost it ...). The second one was processed and the documents were delivered according to them - but I have never received it. They have the right address because we have received the acknowledgement letters for both requests. 
Since we will have the test this week, I will now wait. If we receive an RQ I have to request a travel history for the third time .... 
Timeline spreadsheet

Rec'd: Sep 01, '11
In proc: Jan 24, '12
Test: Apr 25, '13
Oath: Jul 1, '13
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by edmonton2011 edmonton2011 wrote:

Their online system does not recognize the first request we sent at the beginning of 2012 (they must have lost it ...). The second one was processed and the documents were delivered according to them - but I have never received it. They have the right address because we have received the acknowledgement letters for both requests. 
Since we will have the test this week, I will now wait. If we receive an RQ I have to request a travel history for the third time .... 
Maybe it's available for download somewhere?
Quote Document Delivered – Responsive documents have been delivered. If delivery was made via the Public Access website the download icon will be present. Otherwise the records will be delivered in the method requested.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic