Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We need more CJ's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We need more CJ's
    Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 11:22am
I was just browsing through the CIC website and happen to look at list and profiles or current CJ's , i think there were about 26 in all......imagine with over 200,000 apps pending and assuming they work 200 days a year 8 hours a day ........it comes to about 5 apps per hour/CJ....

Really among the interviews , specific complex appliction evaluations and cermonies hats of to them how they do what they do .....

we need more CJ's if the process has to move faster.....nothing will happen till the bottleneck is at the very end of the process is removed.....

Edited by SK - 22 Oct 2012 at 12:18pm
capnace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capnace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 12:37pm
hi SK
I know that those who took their exam and are still waiting, it's because there is no CJ in their city. Ottawa is among those. I took my exam on September 19, It went well, but till now, no invitation for the Oath Ceremony, I went to CIC office where I took the exam, I was told that (no CJ in the area) so it can take 7 to 8 month.

Well knowing that the Honorable PM is cutting position I think it will take long time to fill the gap.

BTW, can you please share the link of the info
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 1:50pm
Kenney must be reading this blog, sneaking in the shadows: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-10-22a.asp
foxfoxcool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfoxcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 1:59pm

Conservitive will not get my vote for sure once I become citizen. Jason Kenney is the worst in history.

Jan 19/2012 - Received. Feb 06/2012 - Got acknowledgement. Nov 16/2012 - In process. Feb 20/2013 - File is transfered to local office. Completed the test on March 21. Waiting for ceremony.
edmonton2011 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmonton2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by EasyRider EasyRider wrote:

Kenney must be reading this blog, sneaking in the shadows: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-10-22a.asp

Wow, 6 judges were appointed or reappointed within a week. :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-10-19b.asp
Timeline spreadsheet

Rec'd: Sep 01, '11
In proc: Jan 24, '12
Test: Apr 25, '13
Oath: Jul 1, '13
polarbear View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polarbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 2:49pm
It is Vacation time for Judges. Big smile Big smile Big smile
foxfoxcool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfoxcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 9:37pm

How to become a Citizenship judge?

Citizenship judges are appointed by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. To apply, interested candidates must:

1. Provide a copy of your curriculum vitæ and cover letter which demonstrates your suitability to the position and how you meet the qualifications.
  2. Provide any additional information, which you believe to be useful.
  3. Send the above mentioned documents to:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Corporate Governance Unit
Citizenship Judge Screening Process
Jean Edmonds Building, South Tower
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Jan 19/2012 - Received. Feb 06/2012 - Got acknowledgement. Nov 16/2012 - In process. Feb 20/2013 - File is transfered to local office. Completed the test on March 21. Waiting for ceremony.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic