Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Outside Canada Spouse Sponsorship : Help please.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outside Canada Spouse Sponsorship : Help please.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outside Canada Spouse Sponsorship : Help please.
    Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 11:14am
Hi, I kindly need help on the Permanent Residency Processing in Nairobi.
I applied  to sponsor my husband and successfuly went through  step 1 the first week of Oct 2012. However i have been checking the application status almost twice a day for any changes  on CIC online but all i see is " Medical results were recieved" and nothing new added up todate. The waiting is killing me inside as i can hardly wait to see my husband and finally live together as husband and wifeCry. Will i recieve any notification that the file has been received by the PR processing office in Nairobi? I have been waiting for information stating the file was received and is being processed but i see nothing new online. Please help explain the process because this waiting is slowly killing me inside. We sent everything and paid all the fees. Will that help speed up  the process as well? I terribly miss my HusbandCryCry
Thanks for your help.
Goldie

Edited by Goldie - 18 Oct 2012 at 6:03pm
Aug-16-12 Application received CPC-M
Oct-4-12 Sponsorship approved
Nov-1-12 In Process NBO
Nov-27-12 NBO request PP & Prepaid Coupon
Nov-28-12 PP & prepaid coupon in NBO
Dec-06-12 got pp & Visa

G
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 1:08pm
What you are experiencing is normal. It will likely take several months before you see any updates online. Keep in mind that the officially listed processing time for the Nairobi visa office is 31 months. So you likely still have a long wait ahead of you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#africa
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
Goldie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 5:58pm
Thank you Scylla for your reply. I however saw on CIC website  that the 31 months referred to the time period it took to process 80% of all applications recieved in a 12 month period. I have heard of people who have had their processing done in 4 months, others in 5 months, etc ?
Nov-1-12 In Process NBO
Dec-06-12 got pp & Visa

G
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 6:02pm
Yes - the 31 months is how long it took CIC to complete processing for 80% of application in a 12 month period.

This means that 80% of applications took 31 months or less to process. And 20% of applications took more than 31 months to process.

I know people have gone through other (much faster) visa offices in 4-5 months. I don't know if Nairobi has processed any applications that quickly.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
Goldie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 6:12pm
Ooooo I hope we are lucky and ours gets processed early. It is a very trying moment on a couple. The waiting is very very painful. some times i feel like i am going crazy because i want to see something being done. I wonder if they can allow my husband a visitors Visa so that he can atleast come see me on Christmas? But i hear it is best to wait and not ask for another visa while  the PR processing is going on. I wish Nairobi processed them fast like other offices do. I wonder why that very lengthy painful 31 months period! this tears families apart than re-uniting them reallyCry!!
Nov-1-12 In Process NBO
Dec-06-12 got pp & Visa

G
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 6:43pm
Hi

Originally posted by scylla scylla wrote:

Yes - the 31 months is how long it took CIC to complete processing for 80% of application in a 12 month period.

This means that 80% of applications took 31 months or less to process. And 20% of applications took more than 31 months to process.

I know people have gone through other (much faster) visa offices in 4-5 months. I don't know if Nairobi has processed any applications that quickly.

According to Open Data, 30% of spousal cases were processed in 6 months or less.
PMM
Goldie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 7:10pm
Hi, your 30% data information brings some comfort to my soul. Otherwise the 31 Months period just sends me to tears. Does the 6 months refer to the step 1 and Step 2 together or only step 2?

What is your opinion on this: Do you think it is possible and advisable for my husband to apply for a Visitors Visa to come and at least celebrate Christmas with me? i have heard that it is not advisable for someone to ask for a Visitors Visa since it can affect your spnsorship application? I just want to at least see and hold my husband for at least a week or two while we wait for the PR processing. Thanks again
Nov-1-12 In Process NBO
Dec-06-12 got pp & Visa

G
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 7:44pm
Hi

Originally posted by Goldie Goldie wrote:

Hi, your 30% data information brings some comfort to my soul. Otherwise the 31 Months period just sends me to tears. Does the 6 months refer to the step 1 and Step 2 together or only step 2?

What is your opinion on this: Do you think it is possible and advisable for my husband to apply for a Visitors Visa to come and at least celebrate Christmas with me? i have heard that it is not advisable for someone to ask for a Visitors Visa since it can affect your spnsorship application? I just want to at least see and hold my husband for at least a week or two while we wait for the PR processing. Thanks again

Step 2. Unlikely for a TRV to be issued, but he won't know until he tries. It has no effect on the sponsorship application. In a backhand way, it shows that the couple are making efforts to be together, but the sponsorship shows the applicant want to remain in Canada permanently so is not a bona fide visitor.
PMM
Goldie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 10:44am
O dear. I guess  we better wait and Pray God helps us sail through this.
Thanks for your reply PMM
Nov-1-12 In Process NBO
Dec-06-12 got pp & Visa

G
Goldie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 11:29am
I have a Question please.
When you send everything with your application for spouse sponsorship and you receive a notification that medicals received,  does that mean any time soon a decision will be made? We sent every paper and filled every from, as well as paid all the fees.
Nov-1-12 In Process NBO
Dec-06-12 got pp & Visa

G
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic