Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Damascus Time lines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 43>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohammedessam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 2:57am
hello every one
im new to this forum
i sent my application to CIC Mississauga on Aug 17, 2010 to sponsor my wife from Iraq
how long will it take do u think.
hope it will be processed fast as i cant wait longer, weve been married since Feb so it's a long time
good luck to every one
rezan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rezan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 6:38am
dear mohammad

I don't take that it will be sooner than 6 months on best scenario
so you need to be patient
Of course no one can predict your time line as cases vary so much but according to our time line it probably wouldn't be sooner than 6 months
i should be between 6 to 9 months

Edited by rezan - 13 Sep 2010 at 6:39am
Iraqi man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iraqi man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 5:51pm
Hi friends,
This is the first time that i join this nice forum.
I have applied on June 23rd and receive approval after one month.
Visa office in Damascus started processing my file on August 4th.
I received on August 29th a residency questionnare and a request for family list
my questions are: is this bad or good sign?
what is family list (copy of the entry of the general registration for the year 1957 issued by ministry of interior in Iraq)
Please help me how to get it as my wife just opened her email today and already 2 weeks gone .
Regards,
mohammedessam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohammedessam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 5:57pm
Hi
When you register your marriage in Iraq you should transfer your file and your wife file together and make a new family book or in Arabic it's called (صورة قيد النفوس))
You should go to the state where you registered your file and where you registered your marriage and requested from them
Iraqi man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iraqi man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 6:58pm
Thanks Mohammed
So i will ask my brother go to our nifooss to ask for it
Does it take long time? what are the requirement?
thanks again
mohammedessam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohammedessam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 6:59pm
There is no requirement but They don't give it to every one so you should tell that you are sending it to translation department
Good luck
Iraqia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iraqia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 10:35pm
Mohammed and Iraqi Man

the general registration for the year 1957 issued by ministry of interior in Iraq
is a document that proves you and your spouse are married and it is registered with the government. Please ensure that you get this document which is من النفوس العامه
you go to a place called السنك if you are in Baghdad and you ask for صوره قيد عائلي for you and your spouse. You shouldnt get this from the place you registered. The place you registered your marriage at can give you this document but its not what they're asking here. They're asking for it from the MAIN OFFICE which is النفوس العامه. I did the mistake of sending them mine from the place i registered my marriage at and they sent back asking for the same document again which delayed my process. so please dont do my mistake. 

Before you have your spouse go and request this document you need to give your spouse وكاله to be able to have your spouse request for it on your behalf as this is something that you should request for in person.  For this you need to go to the Iraqi Embassy in Ottawa. They will also need your هويه الاحوال المدنيه which is your Iraqi ID as well as your passport. 

the power of attorney or وكاله should look something like this:

وكالة الى..... اسمي لغرض ...... معاملة اخراج صورة قيد 57 من احوال السنك وتصديقها من وزارتي الداخلية والخارجية

After you get the Family Listing (صوره القيد من النفوس العامه)  you need to take it to مترجم معتمد to translate it the same way you've done your previous documents that you have already sent.  And you need to certify it or تصديقها من وزاره الداخليه و الخارجيه 

this whole process will take you about 3 weeks to do.. please start ASAP if you already missed two weeks from when they send you the email... 

I hope that helps .. 

Edited by Iraqia - 13 Sep 2010 at 10:46pm
Iraqi man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iraqi man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 11:22am
Thanks Iraqia for these valuable informations,Thanks Mohammed for your comments.
I planned to visit Iraq in October and I didn't expect them to ask for it so early. My wife in Iraq so she can ask for it as i hope.
What about the residency questionnare?any body got it? it seems like an interview cuz they ask my wife about me .(if i'm a permenent resident or not?, what her plan in canada,my work in canada,etc?
well,hope the best for all of you guys and keep updates
regards,
Iraqi man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iraqi man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 11:54am
Dear Iraqia,
I reviewed the letter and i didn't find any order to be certified from Foreign affairs and it will be issued from the ministry of interior. If i will certify it from Ministry of the Foreign affairs ,they might tell me later to certify it from the Iraqi embassy in Damascus and we have nobody there.
What is your opinion ?any body from them asked you to do Foreign affairs certification? or you did that yourself?
Sorry for many questions i asked but you know that i'm really worry.
Regards,

Iraqia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iraqia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Iraqi man Iraqi man wrote:

Thanks Iraqia for these valuable informations,Thanks Mohammed for your comments.
I planned to visit Iraq in October and I didn't expect them to ask for it so early. My wife in Iraq so she can ask for it as i hope.

What about the residency questionnare?any body got it? it seems like an interview cuz they ask my wife about me .(if i'm a permenent resident or not?, what her plan in canada,my work in canada,etc?

well,hope the best for all of you guys and keep updates

regards,

The residency questionnare should've been sent at the time you submitted your initial application. They ask for it only if you missed it. There is nothing much to it, you need to answer it normally and send it with the family listing.

Edited by Iraqia - 14 Sep 2010 at 3:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 43>
  Share Topic