Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Damascus Time lines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 43>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote time1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 11:33am
HI sodapop, it's hard...i know exactly how you feel. Waiting over something that is out of reach. Don't worry-your case will be finalized in the new year inshallah. What is your situation? believe me hunny there was nothing worse than my situation haha. We still pulled through. You believe your relationship is real and proved it to the embassy in every way you can-then i don't think u should have any problem.

sodapop007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sodapop007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 10:21pm
Thanks Time....

I am sure things will work out.  I just keep think that my previous marriage might slow things down.  I just didn't know that you could miss a person this much.  We have sent everything to Damascus and I just keep waiting to hear something.  It is starting to get harder and harder everday.  This holiday season just took a told on me.  See all my family with their spouses just made me miss my husband even more.  I just wish I knew what they were thinking or doing just so I could be a little more at ease.  I am going insane!!!!  I need to keep busy and stay positive....I can do this:)
Spring.M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spring.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 9:51am
Dear Time
Thank u so much for ur reply
time1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote time1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 6:26pm
Hey GUYSSS!! how are you doinng>?
Don't worry Sodapop, i was also previously married and had a hell time with that basterd lol, he was deported yada yada yada...and i thought maybe i can never sponsor again!! but nope! it didn't have anything to do with my past, our love and relationship is real and thats what matters for the officers and to ourselves :)
Spring...your welcome! Embarrassed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sodapop007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 9:49pm
Thanks Time ....I feel better knowing that it should not make things harder for me.

EgyCan View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EgyCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 6:37am
New member here

App.sent Dec 10/09(spousal)
Rec'd by CPC-Miss Dec 17/09  (Thanks to an idiot working in UPS who put my package on a truck instead of a plane Cry)
EgyCan View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EgyCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 6:40am
From what I am reading here and due to the holidays, I am expecting nothing before 3 weeks from new-year.

My MP is Peter Mackay, Do you think I can bug him and will he be of any help, once the application arrives to Damascus?
EgyCan View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EgyCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Spring.M Spring.M wrote:

hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooora
I receive my file number today!!!!!!!!!!!!
22days after starting the process on Damascus

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooora

Hello Spring,

So is it a different file number from the one you received from CPC-M?Embarrassed

can anyone tell me the expected communication?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sodapop007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 4:59pm
Welcome Egycan!

The communication varies.  For the most part I believe the file number from Damascus are sent out through snail mail....but there have been others who have gotten emails.  I just wish that they would always use email.  As to your other question about the file numbers they are different ( one is for the sponsor and the other is for the sponsored)  I hope that helps.
EgyCan View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EgyCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 5:56pm
Hey Sodapop,

I see. so I will get a number from CPC-M once the sponsor is approved (3-4 weeks from receiving it in CPC-M)

then I will the see the file in Damascus after (1-2 weeks) from approval

Then it can take 3-4 weeks after this to get a file number (may be less if it is going to my wife in Syria)

Then it can be anywhere between few weeks to months till they ask for an interview or passport

Do you think there is a chance to get my wife here till the file is done on a visitor visa from Damascus?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 43>
  Share Topic