Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Damascus Time lines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 43>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EgyCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 5:45am
I know I shouldn't be complaining as mine have been in Damascus for only 45 days... but I am really feeling so unhappy Cry

I am sending them pics from the wedding and honeymoon and updating question 18 and 19. I am feeling so depressedUnhappy
mingus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mingus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 10:13am
take a look - I found this on another post

http://www.immigrationmanuals.ca/CIC.php

Iraqia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iraqia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 4:23pm
Hi Everyone,

I'm SO GLAD i found other people who feel the same way as I feel.

I applied beginning of Dec 09. status online says they started working on my application Jan 11, 2010.

I haven't heard anything after that letter that has the B tracking number. which was sent Beginning of Jan this year.

Its been just over 2 months since they started processing app..

What should I be expecting next?
Whats the next possible status online? what could it say?
Someone earlier said its easier for the person to be in Syria. Is that just to save time?
My husband is currently in Iraq and I'm in Canada. I applied from here. I put my address as both his and mine. So im getting whatever is meant to be sent to him Just coz iraq is not in a very stable situation and so I wouldnt trust the mailing system there.

thanks in advance for whoever will help out.
EgyCan View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EgyCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Iraqia Iraqia wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm SO GLAD i found other people who feel the same way as I feel.

I applied beginning of Dec 09. status online says they started working on my application Jan 11, 2010.

I haven't heard anything after that letter that has the B tracking number. which was sent Beginning of Jan this year.

Its been just over 2 months since they started processing app..

What should I be expecting next?
Whats the next possible status online? what could it say?
Someone earlier said its easier for the person to be in Syria. Is that just to save time?
My husband is currently in Iraq and I'm in Canada. I applied from here. I put my address as both his and mine. So im getting whatever is meant to be sent to him Just coz iraq is not in a very stable situation and so I wouldnt trust the mailing system there.

thanks in advance for whoever will help out.

Hey

So I guess if you paid the RPR fees and filled or the forms, you can expect one of three things next:

1- The call and ask for his passport. Ask him to go in person, it seems to work faster

2- They will ask for an interview or may be more documents

3- ........, i don't want to think about it even.

I really don't know what is the next update as i am still waiting but probably it will be application finalized

Being from Iraq can mean one of two things (for me):
1- longer background check time due to the status of Iraq
2-or faster process due to the status of iraq

I really don't know!

Receiving a letter from Syria can take 10-30 days as my wife is Syrian. They will use the phone or the email or at least I hope so.

Good LuckBig smile
Iraqia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iraqia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 2:09am
Thank you Egycan..
Wish you're right in thinking that the process might be faster for iraqies now..  inshallah

We got nothing but to wait ...

Good luck to you too and do keep us posted :)
sodapop007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sodapop007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 8:35am
Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to update you about my Husbands application.  We received a email today requesting my husbands passport.  He will be going to Syria tomorrow to give them his passport.  they state that it will be ready the next day.  I hope it goes well and there is not problems.  I will give you my time line:

CIC received application Sept 8th 2009
Approved and sent to Damascus Sept. 8th 2009
Received in Damascus Sept. 15th 2009
Requested more information Feb. 9th 2010 but did not receive letter until Feb. 23 2010 
Sent info on March 2, 2010
Passport requested March 22, 2010  

I wish you all the best and I will update you with any further information.

mingus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mingus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 10:04am
Congrats sodapop! I can't wait to hear that he has his visa in his hands and that he is on his way to you!
EgyCan View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EgyCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 3:14pm
Congates Sodapop Clap... so we are losing a member each month now. Who will leave the forum in April? Hopefully everyone including myselfWink.

Your time line makes me worried though... I will not be able to wait for 6 months. Ouch

EgyCan View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EgyCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 3:16pm
I am sending more supporting documents today, from my last visit... hope this will give it a push. I know they are doing the background checks now. Any clue how long will this take usually?
EgyCan View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EgyCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 3:19pm
Sodapop, Just from my research:
1- tickets seems to become more expensive 2 weeks before the flight
2- One way ticket CAN SOMETIMES be more expensive than a round trip!
3- You can get cheaper prices from websites like expedia, cheaptickets and orbitz.

Good luckEmbarrassed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 43>
  Share Topic