Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Damascus Time lines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 43>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spring.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 2:42pm
I really miss my husband! Cry

Dear Time
after u received a file number  how long (how many days) did it take to ask u for sending passport to damascus?

Edited by Spring.M - 22 Dec 2009 at 2:43pm
sodapop007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sodapop007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 4:18pm
Spring, I know what you mean.  I miss my husband too.  Where is your husband from?
I hope we hear soon.
Al.Abed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al.Abed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 5:38pm
heeelooooo boys and girls

someone finally made a damascus one to reunite? I was too lazy :p
Spring.M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spring.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 10:49am
hello friends!
Welcome back
time View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 4:36pm
SodaPoP hey long time!! how's it going?? i'm so sorry to hear your frustration like that-your husband should be here in the New Year, just be a little patient.  To answer your question i contacted my MP in ottawa and she inquired about my case in Damascus and within 3 days she'd reply to me. I contacted her for 2 reasons: 1) the situation in iraq was getting worse at the time and the second time i contacted her was to see what stage my file was at. Greatfully she replied and told me that Damascus had received my hub's medicals and from there i knew i'd hear something really soon-cuz she was like you're goin to hear something within 3 weeks time. And it happened!

I strongly urge you to speak to your MP cuz they are great help.
Best wishes to you, update me if you hear anything plz
time View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 4:42pm
HI Abed hahaa-another forum for us---feb7 is really goin to be pissed about this lol. How are you? it's been so long since i've checked anything online!! i'm typing and have my hub sitting next to me-How's life? your wife must be losing her patience to see you!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sodapop007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 8:24pm
Hey Time!

I sent my MP an email but that was three ago and i have not heard anything from them....I don't know if I am contacting the right person or even in the right form... have any suggestions.

I would like to see if they can see what is going on.

thanx
Spring.M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spring.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 10:51pm
Dear Time
after u received a file number  how long (how many days) did it take to ask u for sending passport to damascus?
time1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote time1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 11:34am
Hi Sodapop
Ok first of all i just wanted to say don't e-mail them! YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM-speak to someone-the Mp responsible for the area you live in. Is it Calgary you're living in? Someone was helpful enough to tell me who was the Mp in the area i live in my city and believe me i know they have something to do with it. I mean they inquire about your case and she got back to me in 3 days the first time. The second time she told me i should hear something within 3 weeks time and before i knew it 10 days later someone called me from Damascus for passport request!! Do not e-mail-you need to speak up and get someone's attention ok?? trust me on this. Good luck-maybe try going on the net to see who'se the Mp for your region and call em up!

And Spring i got my hubs file number about 2 weeks into the processing and in about a month and half we were asked for passport request.

Good luck to both of u and keep in touch-wish u both speedy processing!! oh and just for the thought of it...we got all our original pics back (the ones i thought i lost forever-hehe) and the only things they kept was the questionnaire things but we received all our proof or relationship things back...ok gota go...talk soon!Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sodapop007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 6:50pm
Thanks Time!

I will try to call my MP in the new year if i don't hear anything by then.  I am trying to be patient but it is hard...i was hoping to hear soon after you but I think Mine will taking longer due to our situation....but We will hang in there.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 43>
  Share Topic