Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Damascus Time lines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 414243
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iraqi man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 12:13pm
i have sent the requested documents by DHL but yesterday was holiday and may be today and tomorrow due to thanksgiving. they said will try next buisness day. i have no time left ,should arrive by thuresday.
document requested August 31
we lost 2 weeks cuz didnt see our emails
will update u inshallha
mohammedessam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohammedessam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 12:36pm
What documents did they request from you
Iraqi man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iraqi man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 1:31pm
family list and residency questionnaire
mingus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mingus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 9:42am
yaaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooooooo This is the best Thanksgiving ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hubby got an email request to day for his passport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have highlighted the fact that his medical will expire in December and to get it sent in ASAP.

Here is the email:

REQUEST FOR SUBMISSION OF PASSPORTS

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in the final stages of processing and request that you send the following documents to our office in Damascus, Syria:

ORIGINAL individual valid passport, for yourself.
2 recent photos (35 mm x 45 mm, white background) for yourself.
The validity date of your visa is shorter than two months, we recommend you to submit your passport directly to our office in Damascus. This will allow us to return your passport to you much faster and will give you as much time as possible to travel to Canada.

Please note, this does not guarantee that a visa will be issued.

Your passport MUST be received at our Embassy in Damascus no later than 30 days from the date of this letter. You are strongly encouraged to send your passport via courier (If this service is available in your country) to avoid wait times at the Embassy.

EXPECTED VISA EXPIRY DATE:

If a visa is issued, it will be given the MAXIMUM VALIDITY of 08-DEC-2010. You must arrive in Canada on or before this date, it cannot be extended or renewed.

Passports: Each person must have their own passport, including minor children. Your passport MUST be valid beyond the validity of your visa. Any passport changes after the visas are printed will result in a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge ($30.00 CDN) for each visa that needs to be reprinted.

SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT VIA COURIER:

Please send your passport via commercial courier to:

Visa Section

Embassy of Canada

Autostrade Mezze

Lot 12, Near Alrazi Hospital

Damascus, Syria

(963-11) 611-6692

If you prefer to send and receive your passport by courier, it is your responsibility to make the appropriate arrangements with the company of your choice. The Embassy of Canada neither requires nor recommends that you use any particular courier; we have no special arrangements with any courier company.

SUBMIT PASSPORT IN PERSON IN DAMASCUS:

Alternatively, you can approach the Embassy of Canada in Damascus with valid passport and two recent photos (35 mm X 45 mm, white background) for yourself.

Passport may be submitted Sunday to Tuesday from 8:00 am to 9:00 am. You will NOT be able to collect your Passport/Visa the same day. Passport/Visa can only be collected the next day at 2:30 pm.

**NOTE: You can authorise a third person to collect your visa. The authorised person must present a letter of consent (see below) and identification.

Sincerely,

Visa Section

Embassy of Canada

Damascus – Syria

P.O.Box: 3394

Email: [email protected]

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and I hope you all see your own version of this letter very soon!
application June12,08 approved July8
Husband interviewed/refused Oct13,08
refusal letter/filed appeal Dec,08
Appeal Nov10,09 - We Won
paperwork requested Mar22,10
passport request Oct.11,2010

Iraqi man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iraqi man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 10:33am
my sincere congratulation
Iraqi man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iraqi man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:31pm
documents requested have been received

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohammedessam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:18am
Hello guys
Today I got an email from the embassy in Syria
They have requested more document from my wife and a residency questioner
I'll prepare the documents and will send them in few says.
Does any one know how long does it take to get a replay from the embassy after sending these documents.
Regards
windseeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 9:56am
Hi everyone,
i'm so happy i found this website,
here is my timeline
i applied june 2
process start july 13
more document request August 15
i sent the documents august 29
anyone know what will be the next step? and when it should be?
thanks alot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohammedessam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 9:29pm
Hi
Can someone update the table
Document request: Oct 17
Document sent: Oct 27

Thanks
rezan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rezan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 2:55am
hey buds
I dont check this forum frequently,,,
you better use this website: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/damascusspousal-since-jan-2010-or-late-2009-t51197.90.html
there is a timeline and lots of damascus applicant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 414243
  Share Topic