Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline for Ottawa CIC office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by cvv31 cvv31 wrote:

Thanks EasyRider for the reference. That 's too bad. Longer waiting times ahead.
I had a friend who lived in Gatineau, she got citizenship after about 12 months. She said it was fast. I believed her. Cry

Is it after 2011? All of my friends in Ottawa got theirs within 9 months before 2010.

Things got changed now......

cvv31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvv31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 9:00am
mvb
no it was before 2011 maybe that is why!
mvb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 11:07am
Still no news about the Oath ceremony! But the background check is expiring on March 05, which make me bit worried...

If it is after March first week, CIC had to redo the background check, which will delay my case further (I had already passed the 21 month wait period)

mvb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 5:42pm
Today I got the letter for citizenship Oath on Mar 14 and I waited for this event for 24 months!

I am thankful for the fellow forumers for giving awesome suggestions, particularly to some valuable people like dpenabill, pmm, others.

Edited by mvb - 15 Feb 2013 at 5:50pm

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 6:10pm
Congratulations. Long road. Nice finish.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
cvv31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvv31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 11:36am
I know this is not very interesting ... I cannot help it I AM CONFUSED.

I am one of those pre-test RQ victim (Ottawa office), it has been nearly 6 months since I responded. Still waiting ...

Now here it is: I had to renew my PR card as it will expire this summer and we want to travel. They started processing my application on Jan. 27th and just found out it was approved on March 5th.

THAT MAKES 37 DAYS TO APPROVE MY RENEWAL where I submitted to them the SAME PAPERS in responding to my RQ (just a lighter version)

So my question is "Why on Earth it is taking them 37 days to approve a PR card" while they are still  "processing" my citizenship.

Evil Smile if I am resident for a PR-renewal, why it has to be different for citizenship ? same T4s, same notice of assessment, same address

IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE ..... even though I am happy that I will get my new PR card, I had to do this because I am not a citizen yet .... can anyone explain this to me ?

I know PR renewal and citizenship process are different, but the paperwork submitted is the SAME, proof a residency and all that .... yes I am going crazy! Angry

Thanks for answer, maybe someone can find some sense in this
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 1:38pm
I guess that's because PR status is much easier to revoke than citizenship in case a mistake is made.

So PR renewals are processed with far less scrutiny and fewer checks.
cvv31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvv31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 2:52pm
Still doesn't make sense ... if PR is given based on residency requirements and citizenship too where the same papers are given for submission, at this stage, why can't a CIC officer put "two" and "two" together ?

We all know process is different but it still doesnt make sense for someone who applied for citizenship once 1095 days were passed then apply 2 years later for renewal of PR where proof of residency is again required, for those ones who doesn't leave Canada it comes to one and the same thing so for a standard 21 months processing time, at first place, those immigrants should not have to apply for the renewal at all.

That is why it doesn't make sense to me at all ... Unhappy

Why don't they think of that ?
cvv31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvv31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 2:56pm
I guess another way of putting this, in my case:

I sent a heavy package for proving my residency requirements for the past 5 years in September 2012  for RQ then send it again in January 2013 for renewing PR because RQ is still in process, the PR took 37 days while the RQ is still in process ... I guess one can just laugh about it Smile

Still doesn't make sense, why dont they give then the citizenship right away instead of renewing PR .... that may be good for just a bit if they call me for the test Embarrassed

Still doesn't make sense
mvb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 3:00pm
Hi Cvv31,

Did you get any chance to talk to call center agent about the RQ processing time in Ottawa?

I hope it is not crazy like GTA!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
  Share Topic