Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why immg medical exam for visitor visa extension?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why immg medical exam for visitor visa extension?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote optimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why immg medical exam for visitor visa extension?
    Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 9:08pm
My mother has visitor visa for a long term but was given 6 months entry upon arrival. We just sent application to ask for extension in stay for 6 more months. We received approval document from CPC Veg today.  Its granted but with condition that she should go through full immigration medical exam. Never heard of any visitor visa applicant going through immigration medical exam. here is what it reads.
"Temporary Resident status maintained as per R183(6). Must undergo immigration medical examination within 90 days. Medical forms have been mailed separately. MPA/I#"
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 11:28pm
Hi

Originally posted by optimus optimus wrote:

My mother has visitor visa for a long term but was given 6 months entry upon arrival. We just sent application to ask for extension in stay for 6 more months. We received approval document from CPC Veg today.  Its granted but with condition that she should go through full immigration medical exam. Never heard of any visitor visa applicant going through immigration medical exam. here is what it reads.
"Temporary Resident status maintained as per R183(6). Must undergo immigration medical examination within 90 days. Medical forms have been mailed separately. MPA/I#"

Because she is probably from one of the countries listed here:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp
PMM
optimus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote optimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 11:57pm
Well, this explains. It was simply not making any sense to me before. However, Complete Immigration Medical examination is pretty detailed and considering that she is in her 60s ...what if they dont like her medical report. Are they going to ask her to leave , or they just look for major diseases that are threat to public health? 
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 12:00am
Hi

Originally posted by optimus optimus wrote:

Well, this explains. It was simply not making any sense to me before. However, Complete Immigration Medical examination is pretty detailed and considering that she is in her 60s ...what if they dont like her medical report. Are they going to ask her to leave , or they just look for major diseases that are threat to public health? 

If she doesn't pass the medical, they won't give her an extension and she will probably have to leave.
PMM
optimus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote optimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 12:07am
Since she has visitor visa for alteast one more year. Would that be a problem if she leaves the country and then makes another trip after few months. i am not trying to cheat the system, just trying to understand the long term consequences of failing exam, if it happens. I appreciate you taking time answering the questions. Thanks very much. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic