Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parent PR Sponsorship for 2009 Applications

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuun2002vn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 1:13am
Originally posted by jojo2000 jojo2000 wrote:

Quick question to yuun2002vn,
On CIC website, it says that after the approval of the sponsorship, the application is sent to Singapore and it takes 47 months to process. How come it takes 2 days to ask for medicals that will last only 12 months? Do you expect your parents to land soon? How do you explain the 47 months on the cic website?

Hi Jojo;

I am so surprise too. all letters sent by Canada side. So far haven't get any letter from Singapore side. The medical request also sent by Canada side too. I know 12 months so hope they get visa soon. Well I hope the end of year if not will be early next year. Also you know never expect anything sometime it may be fast may be slow who know. Now just hope will request visa soon. :)

I think after they stop the parents sponsorship. Seems all the files move fast. not only my case when you check forum lot of people get really short period and done thier file after sponsor approval. I guess they try clear as many as posible as their goal to stop the sponsorship now and clear all the old files.

Edited by yuun2002vn - 29 Nov 2012 at 1:21am
jojo2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jojo2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 1:29pm
Called cic. My file was transferred to Ottawa and NOT Lebanon because they have a huge backlog in Beirut. The Ottawa centre was created to process these applications and the majority of the work will be communicated with us and NOT with our parents overseas. Not sure what percentage of the application is processed here in Canada but I strongly believe that most of it is processed here. Anyways, good luck to all of us.
yuun2002vn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuun2002vn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 10:31am
GOOD NEWS!!!   Today - Ecas chnage to "Decision Made" with these two line. 

·         We started processing MY MOM NAME's application on December 3, 2012.  

·         A decision has been made on MY MOM NAME's application. The office will contact MY MOM NAME concerning this decision.

Hope they give them a call this week to ask them submitt thier passport for visa stamping :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsor my parents:

My Ecas information

·         We received your application to sponsor My mom's name on June 17, 2009.

·         We sent you a letter on September 18, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

My Parents Ecas information

·         We received Mom name 's application for permanent residence on June 17, 2009. 

·         Medical results have been received. 

·         A decision has been made on MY MOM NAME's application. The office will contact MY MOM NAME concerning this decision.

Detail information for my parents

Parents only: Mom & Dad no dependent

·         June 10 2009: submitted application to sponsor my parents

·         March 30, 2012: Received Letter from Mississauga to submit complete docs with in 90 days

·         May 23 2012: submitted docs

·         June 1 2012: Received letter to confirmed received my Document on May 25th, 2012 and application is complete

·         June 12 2012: Received email from CPC Mississauga "..... your application for PR has been received by CIC on Jun 17, 2009" (So weird why they sent me this email let me know my original application? - i got the letter way long long time ago but by mail and different one.)

·         August 22, 2012: Additional document - Option C for year 2010 and 2011.

·         August 31, 2012: Additional document - Option C sent to CPC Mississauga.

·         September 18, 2012: Got email - Got approval from my side and file transfer to Singapore.

·         September 25, 2012: Letter Date september 21 from CIC Ottawa - Medical request.

·         September 28, 2012: Done medical and sent to Philippine.

·         November 26, 2012: Medical results have been received.

·         December 3, 2012: Ecas change to "Decision made" and will contact my Mom.

Edited by yuun2002vn - 06 Dec 2012 at 10:33am
yuun2002vn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuun2002vn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 9:40pm
GOOD NEWS!!!       Today got email to request submit passport for visa stamp. Yay!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsor my parents:

My Ecas information

·         We received your application to sponsor My mom's name on June 17, 2009.

·         We sent you a letter on September 18, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

My Parents Ecas information

·         We received Mom name 's application for permanent residence on June 17, 2009. 

·         Medical results have been received. 

Detail information for my parents

Parents only: Mom & Dad no dependent

·         June 10 2009: submitted application to sponsor my parents

·         March 30, 2012: Received Letter from Mississauga to submit complete docs with in 90 days

·         May 23 2012: submitted docs

·         June 1 2012: Received letter to confirmed received my Document on May 25th, 2012 and application is complete

·         June 12 2012: Received email from CPC Mississauga "..... your application for PR has been received by CIC on Jun 17, 2009" (So weird why they sent me this email let me know my original application? - i got the letter way long long time ago but by mail and different one.)

·         August 22, 2012: Additional document - Option C for year 2010 and 2011.

·         August 31, 2012: Additional document - Option C sent to CPC Mississauga.

·         September 18, 2012: Got email - Got approval from my side and file transfer to Singapore.

·         September 25, 2012: Letter Date september 21 from CIC Ottawa - Medical request.

·         September 28, 2012: Done medical and sent to Philippine.

·         November 26, 2012: Medical results have been received.

·         December 3, 2012: Ecas change to "Decision made" and will contact my Mom.

·         December 7, 2012: Email request passport for visa stamp.

Edited by yuun2002vn - 07 Dec 2012 at 9:41pm
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 2:58am

For those who recieved medical requests,

Do immigration send it by regular mail or courier? and do they send you an email notifying you that medical request was sent?
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 7:13pm
Hi

Originally posted by Tarik Tarik wrote:

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">For those who recieved medical requests,

Do immigration send it by regular mail or courier? and do they send you an email notifying you that medical request was sent?

Ordinary mail, and no notification that they were sent.
PMM
5abi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5abi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 11:46am
Status update:

Application: Only parents, no dependent.

Nov 2009 : Aplication submitted

March 30, 2012: Infamous letter from CPM to submit docs with in 90 days

June 15th 2012: Submitted docs

July 27th, 2012 Letter stating application is complete

Dec 17, 2012: File transferred to LVO-ND.

Thanks.

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:53pm
congrats 5abi,

Did you receive the approval letter from CPC-Mississauga?
Or was it an email? Has your eCAS changed at all or still same?

5abi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5abi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:59pm
Yes, got a email with letter(in PDF format) saying I meet requirements and file is being transferred.

eCAS still same. No change so far. I guess since it happened today, I will give them a few days to change the status.

God know how long they take in New Delhi now....
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 8:18pm
congrats on approval, I think ND is pretty fast in moving files.
good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic