Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMM5540 question 9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elieli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IMM5540 question 9
    Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 5:40pm
Hey,

I need some help here it says:
Are you a naturalized Canadian or permanent resident of Canada? My husband is naturalized so if he puts YES then it asks: On what date did you become a permanent resident? and What Canadian visa office issued your immigrant visa or confirmation of permanent residence?

The question is, should he put that information or will it contradict the fact that he's naturalized?

help...Confused

Thanks, Eli.
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 5:57pm
To become naturalized he had to go through the PR process.  Thus, there is no contradiction.
FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
elieli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elieli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 6:29pm
Ok, but that gives us another problem. He can't remember when he got itDead... it was 40 years ago! would it be enough with just the year?
Thanks, Eli.
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by elieli elieli wrote:

Ok, but that gives us another problem. He can't remember when he got itDead... it was 40 years ago! would it be enough with just the year?

When I faced this issue ("what was the date of your first entry into Canada") I had to ask my mother (after all, I was 17 months old).  Since she didn't remember the exact date, I put down an approximation and added an attached sheet to explain that the date was approximate and why it was.  Bottom line: it isn't really that important, they aren't going to go back through paper records to confirm it because it just doesn't matter.  But by being clear, you are being honest and that's ultimately what matters.

Good luck!

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic