Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

urgent pr car renewal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chudir bhai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: urgent pr car renewal
    Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 6:20pm
long story short, i already bought my ticket for december 2012, for a trip back home.
i am sending my application to renew pr card on september 1st, 2012.
missed only 42 days in last 5 years ( two trips back home)

can i still send it as urgent as i already bought the ticket?? or does ticket has to be bought for a travel within a tight deadline to consider it as urgent??
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by chudir bhai chudir bhai wrote:

long story short, i already bought my ticket for december 2012, for a trip back home.
i am sending my application to renew pr card on september 1st, 2012.
missed only 42 days in last 5 years ( two trips back home)

can i still send it as urgent as i already bought the ticket?? or does ticket has to be bought for a travel within a tight deadline to consider it as urgent??

I'd say, send as urgent with proof of travel enclosed as per instructions. Worst thing that can happen - they put you in regular track, so nothing to loose.

Processing times for renewal have been steadily growing in the past few weeks (may be it's summer, but who knows). If you submit Sep 1, on a regular track you'll be getting your card end of Nov - dangerously close to your travel dates.
chudir bhai View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chudir bhai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 6:04am
processing time have been growing because of RQ saga.
all those people given RQ know that it will blow the heaven out of them in the next couple of years or so, hence they apply for pr car renewal, hence this increment in processing times.

I think
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chudir bhai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 6:04am
processing time have been growing because of RQ saga.
all those people given RQ know that it will blow the heaven out of them in the next couple of years or so, hence they apply for pr car renewal, hence this increment in processing times.

I think
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chudir bhai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 9:39am
sent my application, they started processing the request within 2 days :)
so hopefully will get my pr card within a month or so.
saannto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saannto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 3:51pm
hello  chudir bhai,

I will be in the same situation and will be applying in 3 weeks. I decided to go with URGENT processing.
My questions are
1. did you send any additional proof of residence? if yes what are they?
2. which address did you send it to? Registered post or FEDEX? i see 2 addresses, so please specify?
3. how did you know that they have started within 2 days? did you check online or called the call center?

also let me know any important steps that i need to be aware of
thanks in advance
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chudir bhai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 12:55am
Originally posted by saannto saannto wrote:

hello 
<span style="font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">chudir bhai,</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">I will be in the same situation and will be applying in 3 weeks. I decided to go with URGENT processing.</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">My questions are</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">1. did you send any additional proof of residence? if yes what are they?</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">2. which address did you send it to? Registered post or FEDEX? i see 2 addresses, so please specify?</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">3. how did you know that they have started within 2 days? did you check online or called the call center?</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;"></span>
<span style="font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">also let me know any important steps that i need to be aware of</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">thanks in advance</span>

I dont think you need anything extra. just follow the guideline for documents and the address you need to send to.

You should see online when they process your application. normally it takes 3-4 weeks to have the card mailed to you/cic office pick up.
desiman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 4:31pm
chudir bhai 2 days after reaching the office or tow days after your mail got there..they posted it?
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chudir bhai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by desiman desiman wrote:

chudir bhai 2 days after reaching the office or tow days after your mail got there..they posted it?

I cannot understand the difference, both are same i guess.
desiman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 7:49pm
chudir there is one day difference .. so my application reached there yesterday which is 20 sept .. so u think they shld have updated it today or its gonna b monday? so if u count yesterday as one day so its the second today, if its the 1st day today then second say is monday... lol did u get what i said?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic