Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Family Visa Advice please??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Family Visa Advice please??
    Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 2:10pm
Hi everyone.
Just signed up to site. I am looking for information regarding emigrating to Canada.
We live in the UK, my wife having previously lived in Ontario and is a canadian citizen.
We would like to emigrate to Ontario, but I am having difficulty finding the answer to a specific query. I have looked on the CIC website but I couldn't find a link for assistance. Can anyone help?

Can my wife sponsor me even though we both live in the UK? What I want to do is sort out the paperwork to give me the right to work there, while still living in the UK. Then I want to go over on holiday and arrange interviews etc. That way I don't need to quit my job UK until I know I have a job to go to. I'm not in a position to not to work for 6 months / a year until the paperwork is sorted.

If it is possible to get the paperwork sorted while living in the UK, how long will it stay valid?

Apologies if this has been discussed a million times, but I have looked honestly!!!!

Thanks..

pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 2:40pm
Hi

Originally posted by marcwales marcwales wrote:

Hi everyone.Just signed up to site. I am looking for information regarding emigrating to Canada.We live in the UK, my wife having previously lived in Ontario and is a canadian citizen.We would like to emigrate to Ontario, but I am having difficulty finding the answer to a specific query. I have looked on the CIC website but I couldn't find a link for assistance. Can anyone help?Can my wife sponsor me even though we both live in the UK? What I want to do is sort out the paperwork to give me the right to work there, while still living in the UK. Then I want to go over on holiday and arrange interviews etc. That way I don't need to quit my job UK until I know I have a job to go to. I'm not in a position to not to work for 6 months / a year until the paperwork is sorted.If it is possible to get the paperwork sorted while living in the UK, how long will it stay valid?Apologies if this has been discussed a million times, but I have looked honestly!!!!Thanks..

1. Yes, she can. Has to include a statement along the lines that once you are issued an Immigrant visa, she will return to Canada. She should also outline plans re: housing, employment, schooling.
2. You send the completed sponsorship and your application, with all attachments to Mississauga. If the sponsorship is approved, then the application is sent to London for processing.
3. The COPR (visa) will be valid for 1 year from the date of the medical examine, or the expiry of the passport whichever comes first.
PMM
marcwales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 5:10pm
Thanks for clearing that up (and replying so quickly!!).
Do you know how complicateed the process is? I had a look on the CIC website and all the Forms seem to be there. I've never done anything like this before so am quite concerned at this stage!! Is there anyone on here who is good for advice on this sort of thing? We called an Immigration Expert in London (UK) who charges a £1000 plus the visa fees. Part of me would like to have some one help, but I'm dubious as your then at the mercy of someone else (could start asking for more money etc). Always best to understand these things yourself.
Where did you find out the information you gave me, was it on the CIC website?
Thanks ever so much for replying.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 10:41pm
Hi

Originally posted by marcwales marcwales wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up (and replying so quickly!!).Do you know how complicateed the process is? I had a look on the CIC website and all the Forms seem to be there. I've never done anything like this before so am quite concerned at this stage!! Is there anyone on here who is good for advice on this sort of thing? We called an Immigration Expert in London (UK) who charges a £1000 plus the visa fees. Part of me would like to have some one help, but I'm dubious as your then at the mercy of someone else (could start asking for more money etc). Always best to understand these things yourself.Where did you find out the information you gave me, was it on the CIC website?Thanks ever so much for replying.

I would think that probably 80% (guesstimate) complete everything themselves. You read the instructions and then you re-read them very closely and follow the checklists. Ensure that you are using the right package. Then if you have problems you can ask on one of the forms. The only time that I would recommend that someone seek professional help if there is criminality, removal orders from Canada or anything really out of the ordinary. You can usually find an Registered consultant or Canadian Immigration lawyer, who will go over the forms and what you have included in the package for a couple of hundred $. Just ensure that you include enough information that there will be no doubts that the marriage is bona fide.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic