Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Operational Bulletin 407 - Residence Questionnaire
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Operational Bulletin 407 - Residence Questionnaire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CeCe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by akella akella wrote:

Crisp is obviously corazon from a little bit earlier on this forum (and cocosyr on another immigration forum) - I can see the unmistakable style.

I suspected as much for the past few days (due to the writing style and rude attitude towards DPenabill). Once he started with today's aggressive confrontational tone, I knew it was corazon for sure. I wish DPenabill would block the IP address or something....
nwtspam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nwtspam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 7:23pm
I have sent the PDF to Edmonton2011. He will share with everyone on Google Docs shortly.
CeCe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CeCe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by nwtspam nwtspam wrote:

I have sent the PDF to Edmonton2011. He will share with everyone on Google Docs shortly.

Thank you nwtspam.
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 7:28pm

Great! Thank you, nwtspam!
Glimmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 7:36pm

Yay! thank you to both of you :)
parkbr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 8:42pm
Thanks!! =)
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 9:37pm
I too appreciate this, and am looking forward to seeing the entire document.

By the way, I do not know how to upload files here.

Note: My role as moderator is almost entirely spam cop, with some moderating functions relative to abusive posting.

I have no more contact with the owner/administrators of this site than any other participant.

My site permissions allow me to do a few things most participants cannot (suspend users, block IP addresses, hide posts), but they also restrict me in some ways as well; for example, I cannot edit or delete my own posts.

I am not at all familiar with site management or administration functions generally.

Mostly I am just a participant here. My participation here, almost entirely, is merely as one more person posting in the forum, the only substantive difference is the amount of effort, time, study, and research I have put into the grant citizenship process, especially regarding the residency requirement and attendant procedures (RQ, CJ meeting and decision-making, appeals), going back to the previous rendition of this forum in 2009 and before. Indeed, while I occasionally still participate in discussions about family class sponsorships, the only other area I regularly participate in is the preserving PR status discussions.

Also, in my moderator role, some posts from this topic have been moved to the "abusive posts" topic and a warning has been made, although I would not have given a warning if I had read all of these posts first -- as the warning was given, though, I will stand by it and not block participation so long as future posting is appropriate.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
SarahBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 9:39pm
Hello All,
I just read this 'Standardizing the preparation of citizenship grant applications" and thought that you guys might find it related .
Here is the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/audit/cit-program/sec01-eng.asp
The conclusion states:
"

Audit of the Citizenship Program (2.0 Audit Conclusions)

The audit concludes that the overall framework for the management of the delivery of the Citizenship Program is in place and for the most part, key elements of the framework are well understood and operating as intended.

Specifically, the audit revealed that:

• the governance framework generally met audit expectations;
  • the risk management processes and practices partially met audit expectations; and
  • the internal control framework in place partially met audit expectations.

Management’s attention is required in a number of areas outlined in the next section of this report where detailed observations and recommendations are highlighted in order to strengthen areas of concern."

Cheers,

Sarah

Edited by SarahBC - 01 Aug 2012 at 9:40pm
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 9:52pm
Without seeing the entire May 3, 2012 Operational Bulletin 407, I have to say that the fact that CIC has not published this online with other operational bulletins is very disconcerting.

This government is continuing their trend to withdraw more and more information from the public sphere. Much of it is public information, information that is not only legally accessible to the public but which has traditionally been readily shared with the public. A similar phenomena is happening relative to information about processing times. Now all the CIC reports is the almost worthless timeline for process 80 percent of cases. Much of the more informative information about timelines is still accessible through the Open Data project, but that is not as easily accessed and not as easy to read and understand. It does appear that the Minister is deliberately erecting hurdles for access to information.

This is particularly disconcerting in the citizenship application process, since there are so many unresolved issues regarding proof of residency, and because CIC has failed to adequately inform PRs of important aspects of the process, and to some extent is still laying traps for the unwary (last I looked,for example, online residency calculator and related online information says that not only do day trips not count as days absent, but they do not need to be disclosed . . . but then thousands are getting a RQ form which is not only demanding declarations of all day trips, but all day trips going back to the very first date of arrival in Canada, which for some applicants is going back many, many years.)

Why isn't the May 3 operational bulletin 407 among those published on the CIC site?

Again, nwtspam, your efforts here are much appreciated.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
700days View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 700days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 10:52pm
Hello All,

Two quick questions:

1: How can we differentiate that, RQ is sent by Sydeny OR by local centre (eg St Clair, Toronto)? Except, postal stamp on envelop, can we differentiate it's origin?

2: RQ from Sydney or RQ from local centre...I understand they are same however, do they have any difference in fate/outcome of application? Like is one is mild/soft/regular procedure/formality or one is hard/poor outcome/zero fate?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic