Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Operational Bulletin 407 - Residence Questionnaire
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Operational Bulletin 407 - Residence Questionnaire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nwtspam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nwtspam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Operational Bulletin 407 - Residence Questionnaire
    Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 11:33pm
It's been many years since I published this info. I think most of us are officially Canadian by now. How do you enjoy your new country so far?

NWTSPAM
SARABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SARABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 1:44am
I agree with you gentlemen! The whole process lacks transparency and if they seriously wanted to make the whole process faster they won't lack neither the resources nor the practical solutions.
Sarah

Originally posted by freedom10 freedom10 wrote:

Originally posted by HuronBird HuronBird wrote:

If there is an intention to clear backlogs then they will be cleared in no time. If the intention is to screen applicants all the way to the core to filter out fraud cases then its also doable in reasonable time. 

That is very true! That is what I feel as well. I have seen incidences where the cases were delayed to no end. However the moment there was an intent to fast track the process, the cases got cleared in no time. I think the cases are being delayed essentially due to lack of political will.
Applied Feb7th,2012 (Family of 4)
In Process Oct4th,2012
Husband RQ & finger print November 2012
File separated from husband August 2013
Hubby test Oct. 2013
MY test Dec. 2013
Joint oath March 2014

The King View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 7:56pm
Do PR's have the right to a due process?
freedom10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freedom10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 7:41pm
Thanks

Edited by freedom10 - 21 May 2013 at 6:16pm
imanh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imanh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 4:25pm
The King,

What do you mean? As a PR, you have all the rights of a citizen, except voting, being elected and holding the passport. The rights include living/working anywhere in the country and being able to travel in and out, etc.
The King View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 4:07pm
Speaking of entitlement,I have posted this question before without any replies. So I will try again here. "Do PR's have any rights? if any what are they? I know there are lots of responsibilities right? please someone shed some lights with reference to the Law. Thanks.
exempligrata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exempligrata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 3:53pm

Originally posted by EasyRider EasyRider wrote:

Believe me, nobody wants to trust their fate to an immigration system that's in practice so incredibly slow, unpredictable and barely accountable. But apparently it does't bother current government much.

...and don't forget CIC's lack of transparency and antiquated ecas system that doesn't efficiently disclose the exact stage of processing and complete reason for delay in a timely manner. The information that most applicants in limbo seek can be made available on ecas without one having to call CIC every time, and would therefore allay one's concerns or fears.

We want to know what is going on with our individual files; for example, the full reason an applicant received an RQ (without having to request for GCMS/FOSS notes). Are we not at least entitled to that? 

Edited by exempligrata - 27 Mar 2013 at 4:05pm
Applied.......Mar 2013
In Process....May 2013
Test..........Feb 2014
Oath..........Mar 2014
Passport......In 5 business day's
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 1:06pm
They want PR's to come and start spending money in Canada and/or generating tax revenue above all. That's why PR program hasn't suffered from cuts at all-- by that I mean number of new PR's admitted to Canada break records each year.

In case of granting citizenship-- it's PR's getting additional rights and privileges for nothing, so government doesn't hurry with that at all.

I think it's a shortsighted policy (neglected citizenship process), because immigrants who never set a foot into Canada arriving here, move not because they're in love with country (they never actually seen and lived in before), and not because their dear cousin lives here, but for concrete opportunities and rights in exchange for hard work, at least to start from that sort of companionship.

Now, when rumors spread about how Canadian immigration works, i.e. excessive marketing abroad, but poor recognition of foreign credentials at the same time, deplorable handling of FSW and now citizenship applications, less productive people (who usually have a choice where to go) will choose to come here, opting out for the US, UK or Australia, for example.

Believe me, nobody wants to trust their fate to an immigration system that's in practice so incredibly slow, unpredictable and barely accountable. But apparently it does't bother current government much.

What I find disappointing is that as citizenship application process is tightly related to the value of citizenship itself, which is supposed to be held in high regard by both Canada and the immigrants, Canadian government tainted it by managing to make it a complete joke over the years of neglecting. Telling people that it may take 23+48 months to process a lodged application like it's ok? That's just miserable.
RQ0712 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RQ0712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 12:56pm
Can they in CIC imagine another civil agency - Revenue Canada - having a backlog of many million cases adding up every year? When they expect to get their first return?

Application sent Jan 2011 > In process Feb 2012 > Test & RQ same day Jun 2012 > RQ submitted Aug 2012 > Oath taken Nov 2013 (Montreal)
Andream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 12:47pm
There's no doubt that CIC is a very respected and professional civil service agency. Unfortunately, however, the unusual lengthy processing of citizenship applications, especially for RQ recipients, is totally incomprehensible. As a FSW- PR for more than five years, I never imagined that processing a citizenship application might take longer than processing an immigration application.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic