Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canadian Citizenship Exam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canadian Citizenship Exam
    Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 9:56am
Hi,

I've been reading in this forum for several months.  As a foreign student at the University of Alberta, my love for Canada grew year after year.  I was interested in becoming a Canadian.  I went through the many online site and read through the Discover Canada from CIC. 

I just wanted to share my experience using the online tools that are available. Not all of them are reliable.   Myself, a new Canadian, I used a plug-in tool from the Chrome Store.  Its called the "Canadian Citizenship Test".  If you go to the Chrome store, you will find it!

It is very simple, but it a good source for studying.

CanNed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CanNed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 10:28am
Hi Marika,

Don't you automaticly recieve a citizenship after 5 years of living and working in Canada after being a permanent resident?

Or is that diferent from country to country where some one originates from?

I'm from the Netherlands for example. And I have a job offer, and the whole plan is to request a permenent residentship after my 6 months trial is changed into a permanent job. And I believe you automaticly recieve the possibility to become a fully fletched and legal Canadian after 5 years of being a permanent resident of Canada.

batool100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batool100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 1:38am
I have applied for citizenship and it came back for the second time. this time it said the language evidence submitted with your application is not acceptable. i sent both my high school transcript which i got it from Canadian high school and university transcript which i am still studying.
ayan05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayan05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 6:04am
Yeah there are 20 multiple choice questions and you have 30 minutes to answer them. To pass the test you need to finish with at least 15 questions correct. Moreover, you must correctly answer all questions about the topics of right to vote, right to run for elected office, voting procedures and how to register youself as a voter. The test paper will indicate which questions belong to this category.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic