Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Going to Canada while under petition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going to Canada while under petition
    Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 11:35pm
 I got a call from Canadian Embassy yesterday afternoon to double check if i had the right email address. They said they will send an email for additional requirements. Before we hung up, (just to make sure) I asked the girl about my going to Canada next week for my CRNBC test which is due this year. At first she explained how slim the chances are if I were to apply for a Tourist Visa. I said I already have one. Her advise is for me to attach a letter stating the reason, my address and contact number for correspondence. When i opened my email, there were 3 requirements: NBI clearance w/fingerprint and dry seal, ORIG marriage certificate (I really think it has to come from the NSO even if I wasn't married in the Phils. I called DFA MAnila, and they said they haven't gotten a response from the consular office in Chicago where they/we filed it..maybe in 2 weeks daw), and my passport. My question is, how am i going to give them my passport? I asked from the forum and one person said:

If u dont have the visa yet n u are going to apply the chances are very slim but  remember every case is different...

Also it will not affect the sponsorship application....

Yes u can stay till April and if u get a passport request, all u can do is a Flag Pole at the nearset boarder crossing.....

I might be wrong but this is what i know for now, maybe some one with more exp with throw more on this  or offer the right direction

I already left an authorization letter for them to claim the marriage certificate just in case I would've left by then. Plan is, someone will mail the other 2 requirements for me (NBI and Marriage cert), while I bring my passport to Canada (of course), and send it from there? Applicants fr other countires get their visas no more than 30 days upon giving their passports (as they say that
s the law). In the Philippines, I noticed that once they get it, the embassy can keep your passport for as long as 3 months...
Dec 2: Sent app to CIC-M
Dec 4: CIC-M received application
Jan 5: letter of approval
Feb 2: AOR.Addt'l req's: NBI,MC,PPR
Mar 15 Docs rcvd by Nestor Tuballa
July 1: Decision Made. Medicals received
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic