Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RQ Form CIT 0171 PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RQ Form CIT 0171 PDF
    Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 9:15am

Edited by canuck25 - 06 Oct 2012 at 10:37am
kesacophedo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesacophedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 6:31pm
I don't think anyone would have a blank RQ form as it is not available for the public....When CIC send one, it already has info handwritten on it (name, file number....). Good luck though.
App sent 04/26/11...Ack. Letter Sent 05/04/11...RQ recv'd 06/11/12, ...RQ docs rec'ved by CIC july 19/12....Trx 2 Local CIC 06/21/12...Test invitation sent 02/14 for March 1...Oath on May 31/13
timbit_TO View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timbit_TO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 3:08am
Originally posted by kesacophedo kesacophedo wrote:

I don't think anyone would have a blank RQ form as it is not available for the public...

Not posted on the CIC website does not mean "not available for the public".
Law (the). Nobody knows what it is.
Gustave Flaubert, Le Dictionnaire des idées reçues

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesacophedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by timbit_TO timbit_TO wrote:

I don't think anyone would have a blank RQ form as it is not available for the public...

If it's not posted on the CIC website, you're not supposed to get it any other way. 
App sent 04/26/11...Ack. Letter Sent 05/04/11...RQ recv'd 06/11/12, ...RQ docs rec'ved by CIC july 19/12....Trx 2 Local CIC 06/21/12...Test invitation sent 02/14 for March 1...Oath on May 31/13
ankurshah77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ankurshah77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 9:25pm
Check this thread.. Just posted some templates by me

http://immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10207&PID=177095#177095
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by canuck25 canuck25 wrote:

Hi folks,

Just wondering whether anyone has a PDF version of the new RQ form CIT 0171 (04-2012) E. I was issued one at the time of my test and while scanning it my scanner ripped one of the pages. If you have one, I'd appreciate your sharing it!

Thanks!

Canuck25

2012 Pre-Test RQ letter & RQ form:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1772401762/Pre-Test_RQ_Letter_2012.pdf
https://rapidshare.com/files/3948603962/Pre-Test_RQ_Form_2012.pdf

timbit_TO View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timbit_TO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 11:52pm

If it's not posted on the CIC website, you're not supposed to get it any other way. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesacophedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 12:37am

Where is the link to CIT 0171 (PDF Format)? The point is that form is not available anywhere. Even my lawyer doesn't have blank ones to use if original one is damaged or lost.

timbit_TO View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timbit_TO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 8:37am

Where is the link to CIT 0171 (PDF Format)? The point is that form is not available anywhere. Even my lawyer doesn't have blank ones to use if original one is damaged or lost.

You keep going back to where we started, so perhaps this deserves more than a one-line explanation, although I really thought that the link I posted above would be sufficient.

So once again, yes, you are correct, there is no "link" to "CIT 0171 (PDF Format)" on the CIC website.  It is also entirely possible that your lawyer doesn't have any blank forms.

This in no way means, however, that this form "is not available for the public", or better yet, "is not available anywhere"  (have you really checked everywhere to make such a statement ? ;-)

A great deal of public information is not posted on the web.  I don't know the rationale behind what CIC chooses to put on its website and what they choose to leave off.  I personally think that they are doing a disservice to themselves and to the applicants by not being upfront about the expectations in terms of the documents and records that PRs should keep should it become necessary to provide more detailed proof of residence.  Not to say that by not making it available they are creating an entirely unnecessary and easily avoidable problem in a case if the original form is spoiled in some way.

As an aside, this is a form that is sent to thousands of applicants...I can't imagine anyone seriously thinking that they could somehow keep it "secret", even if there was a legitimate reason to, which of course there isn't.

In any case, it's not all that important.  What is important, is that this information is available, but one accesses it not by clicking a link, but by making a phone call, writing a letter or sending a fax and asking for it. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesacophedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 10:39am
Sorry timbit_TO that you had to wake up early to comment. Just so you know, we are not here to argue. This a forum and it's a platform for us to share info. I know you can request form from CIC if needed but canuck25's question was if there was anyone who has a pdf version of the RQ form. My wording in previous comments was probably a little off but I believe my message was clear. I rest my case. Thanks for clarifying though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic