Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visitors Record

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visitors Record
    Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 9:08pm
I just discovered that I can apply to extend my stay online with "MyCIC", Then I realised my Visitors Record has my old Passport Number and maiden name on it, as my old passport is no longer valid am I supposed to notify CIC and let them know or is there a form to fill out to change the info on my Visitors Record? I have 7 months left on my current Visitors Record.

Thanks 
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 6:07am
The visitor's record should specify its conditions and requirements -- I doubt it requires you to notify them of changes in the meantime (the ones I have had only specified the usual no working, no educational courses, must leave by date conditions; while I have seen others with conditions like having to deposit the VR upon exit, I don't think I have heard of requirements to update any other information during the validity period of the VR).

If your query is relative to what you do when you go to apply for an extension, you might be better off submitting the app to extend by hard copy and courier since, at the least, I think you will have to submit a copy of your current, valid passport, and if your name has changed you will probably have to explain that and should probably include supporting documentation showing the name change and reason therefore. Your "client identification number" should remain the same (I think).
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic