Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 simple questions.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zormas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 simple questions.
    Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 8:29pm
Hey Guys,

Really hoping you guys can answer the below questions for me.

1) Lets assume that my PR status has been revoked at POE since I did not meet the  730 days requirement.However, my PR card is still valid for next 7-8 months  and I am allowed to Enter Canada.Can I still sponsor my Spouse even if I have an appeal case going on based on H&C grounds?? or will I have to wait till my case is over?? 

2)How long does the process take for spouse visa? (my wife is in india) Just an approx. will be helpful.

Thanks.

ANCHORFREE_VERSION="623161526"var _AF2$={'SN':'HSSHIELD00KW','IP':'46.137.6.152','CH':'HSSCNL000076','CT':'XX','HST':'&toAdltIntr=1&FBWCNT=10&NO_FBW=1&accessAdltIntr=1&SFLAG=0&FW_UA=MSIE/8.0>rk=n','AFH':'hss71','RN':Math.floor(Math.random()*999),'TOP':(parent.location!=document.location||top.location!=document.location)?0:1,'AFVER':'2.53','fbw':false,'FBWCNT_CHROME':0};if(/^(.*,)?(11C)(,.*)?$/g.exec(_AF2$.CT)!=null&&_AF2$.CH!='HSSCNL000242'){document.write("")}document.write("< ='text/' title='AFc_"+_AF2$.RN+"' >.AFc_body"+_AF2$.RN+"{} .AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+",a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":hover,a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":visited{outline:none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}");< ="text/" title="AFc_627">.AFc_body627{} .AFc_all627,a.AFc_all627:hover,a.AFc_all627:visited{outline:none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}< ="text/">AFhss_dpnone{display:none;width:0;height:0}
if(_AF2$.TOP==1){if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000242'){document.write("")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000248'){document.write("")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000249'){document.write("")}else{var m=new RegExp(/&FBWCNT_CHROME=([0-9]+)/g).exec(_AF2$.HST);_AF2$.FBWCNT_CHROME=(m!=null&&typeof(m[1])!='undefined')?parseInt(m[1]):0;if(parseFloat(_AF2$.AFVER)>=2.03&&/NO_FBW_CHROME/.test(_AF2$.HST)==false&&_AF2$.FBWCNT_CHROME<10&&navigator.appVersion.indexOf"Win"!=-1_AF2$.strl=2048;_AF2$.fbw=true."")}}
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 12:20am
I am not certain, but fairly sure, that if a removal order is issued at the POE you will not be approved to sponsor a family member unless and until you prevail on an appeal of the removal order.

Remember: the validity dates of a PR card have no effect at all on a PR's status. A valid PR card is prima facie evidence of valid status, but actual status is what matters.

By the way: PR status is not "revoked" at the POE . . . if it is discerned that you are in breach of the residency obligation and fail to persaude the POE officer that you should nonetheless be allowed to enter Canada without a 44(1) report being issued, and thus a report is issued, then almost immediately, usually, that is followed by the issuance of a Removal Order. That Removal Order is not enforceable for at least thirty days (thus you are allowed to enter Canada), and if you appeal it continues to not be enforceable until the appeal is decided. But, I am fairly sure that in the meantime you would be ineligible to sponsor a family member . . . see the CIC website specifics about sponsorship eligibility. The operative impact has to do with being deemed inadmissible, I think.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
loueybaton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loueybaton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 5:59pm
You should check out a career as a RN.
zormas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zormas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 6:19pm
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

have u come across a  similar case on this forum? can u send me the link in case u have?

So lets say I do have an appeal case going on...how long does that take before a decision is made?
And lets say I have been granted extension based on H & C grounds....can i apply then? or do i need to wait till till complete my 730 days?

I know...so many ifs n buts! sorry for asking so many questions.

Sam

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 6:58pm

I do not really know . . . the guide does not mention compliance with the PR residency obligation, just that you must be (if not a citizen) a Permanent Resident. I think this means you must not be "inadmissible" . . . but how this works technically if you have been allowed back into Canada on H&C grounds, I do not know.

There is no "extension" of PR status: you have it until it is given up (for citizenship say) or it is taken away (TD denied or Removal Order becomes enforceable).

If you are allowed to enter Canada based on H & C grounds, that is not an extension of status. You are simply allowed to remain in status without having Removal proceeedings against you.

But whether that will allow you to sponsor a family member . . . I suspect it is problematic, until you have been present for at least 730 days within five years, but I do not really know and I don't have time to look into it further right now.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 6:06pm
From what I understand, for sponsoring, your status within Canada will play a big role in the decision. I have heard of sponsorship applications being turned down because the person sponsoring has no "solid job, or a permanent intention of staying in Canada, or has lived out of the country too many days" etc.... Using that logic, I personally think CIC will not process any application for a sponsorship from a person who himself is being questioned about his/her PR status. And if your PR status is already revoked, then of course the answer a straight NO, CIC will return your application because one of the basic requirement for sponsoring is that you yourself have to be either a Citizen or a valid Permanent Resident "LIVING" permanently in Canada.

Edited by MajidS - 22 Jun 2012 at 6:06pm
zormas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zormas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 7:09pm
Thank you guys for your replies.Appreciate your input.ANCHORFREE_VERSION="623161526"var _AF2$={'SN':'HSSHIELD00KW','IP':'176.34.169.59','CH':'HSSCNL000076','CT':'XX','HST':'&SFLAG=1>rk=n&FW_UA=MSIE/8.0','AFH':'hss75','RN':Math.floor(Math.random()*999),'TOP':(parent.location!=document.location||top.location!=document.location)?0:1,'AFVER':'2.53','fbw':false,'FBWCNT_CHROME':0};if(/^(.*,)?(11C)(,.*)?$/g.exec(_AF2$.CT)!=null&&_AF2$.CH!='HSSCNL000242'){document.write("")}document.write("< ='text/' title='AFc_"+_AF2$.RN+"' >.AFc_body"+_AF2$.RN+"{} .AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+",a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":hover,a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":visited{outline:none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}");< ="text/" title="AFc_178">.AFc_body178{} .AFc_all178,a.AFc_all178:hover,a.AFc_all178:visited{outline:none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}< ="text/">AFhss_dpnone{display:none;width:0;height:0}
if(_AF2$.TOP==1){if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000242'){document.write("")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000248'){document.write("")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000249'){document.write("")}else{var m=new RegExp(/&FBWCNT_CHROME=([0-9]+)/g).exec(_AF2$.HST);_AF2$.FBWCNT_CHROME=(m!=null&&typeof(m[1])!='undefined')?parseInt(m[1]):0;if(parseFloat(_AF2$.AFVER)>=2.03&&/NO_FBW_CHROME/.test(_AF2$.HST)==false&&_AF2$.FBWCNT_CHROME<10&&navigator.appVersion.indexOf"Win"!=-1_AF2$.strl=2048;_AF2$.fbw=true."")}}

Ok..long story short.I  am short of 3-4 months from my  2 year physical presence in Canada.I am returning to Canada next week and was planning on starting my spouse's sponsorship process rite away.

I guess Im screwd  :) Anyone else in the same situation Or WAS in the same/similar situation???

What kind of questions do they ask at the POE for Canada? any idea?

Sam
zormas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zormas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 7:11pm
(sorry about the junk above ..not sure hows that happening)

Thank you guys for your replies.Appreciate your input

Ok..long story short.I  am short of 3-4 months from my  2 year physical presence in Canada.I am returning to Canada next week and was planning on starting my spouse's sponsorship process rite away.

I guess Im screwd  :) Anyone else in the same situation Or WAS in the same/similar situation???

What kind of questions do they ask at the POE for Canada? any idea?

Sam
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic