Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will I loose my PR status.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nasd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will I loose my PR status.
    Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 9:25am
  I am 30 years old,I Landed along with my family in 2005 ,MY father is in enter pruner category,after 5 years in 2010 my PR card was renewed till 2015  as i completed my residency obligation, but with  some hassels the officer said that my father did not fulfill his obligation.But still the gave me my PR card.
My father also completed his residency obligation but still he did not got his PR.His case is under investigation.
My other family members are no more interested in staying in Canada ,the already left , father and me are intrested in retaining our residency..Right now i am in India along with my father.
1.If my father loose his immigartion does that mean i will be no more a resident of canada?
2.Can I save my PR status?

nasdb
Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 12:20pm
EDIT: read PMM's post below. I think I'll just stay as a reader from now on - Ouch

Edited by Beaver - 18 Jun 2012 at 1:37pm
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 1:00pm
HI

Originally posted by Beaver Beaver wrote:

Don't worry, as long as you have met your own residency obligation you are okay. Your father's residency problem is a completely separate matter and won't affect your PR status - especially that you are over 18 years of age. I assume that your father was the principal applicant so this is why you're asking the question - you are independent of your father now.

That said I hope your father retains his PR after this is all over.

It is really not about Residency requirements. He was included as dependent on his father's entrepreneur visa which has terms and conditions. His father didn't meet those T.& Cs and so will probably be reported. As a dependent, he will be included in the report and any removal order issued. If reported, he will have to appeal on H.& C. grounds that he has established himself in Canada and is no longer depenedent.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic