Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

March 2009 Applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 20>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyusufali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 4:28pm
For the gurantor I had my manager at my company sign the passport form. Techinically they should sign after you had ur Oath not before...

Does not need to be of any profession, just a fellow Canadian can can vouch for you over last 3 yrs.

How did you oath ceremony go today? Hope you enjoyed every min of it :)
Sent March 18th 2009, Received on Ecas 18th August 2009, In process 20th Oct 2009, Transfered 16th December 2009, Test date 7th Jan 2010, Oath Date 2nd Feb 2010. Now a Canadian Citizen!
maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 4:32pm
To be on the safe side, make sure your guarantor knows you for atleast three years as written in passport application form. Passport canada do call the guarantor and ask few questions about the passport applicant from guarantor .
yarabamba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yarabamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 5:42pm
Well it feels good to be Canadian. The ceremony was Ok this morning.About 70 people became new Canadians at the saint Clair office. I don't know why they request ID, passports,etc at the end they only checked three things the note to appear, landing document and PR card.I was surprised like others to see the quality of the citizenship certificate which is only a laminated card similar to a gym Id card that I got from YMCA when I was in the States lol. I guess it would be ideal and better to have a card like the PR card which I felt sad to surrender.

I was not able to apply for the Canadian passport due to the issues with the guarantor requirements. Thanks for your replies. I hope I could work out the problem over the weekend so I can apply on Monday.

Friends who are still waiting be patient the date is coming for you as well. Now is the turn of my wife who applied last November and right now the application is on the darkness of the 5-6 months hiatus.

O Canada!
Our home and native land!... 

Edited by yarabamba - 06 Feb 2010 at 10:08am
elixir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elixir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 9:23am
Hi All,
Congrats to iyusufali and yarabamba.. You are lucky few who got their things done...
I am still waiting for my test. CIC just sent in the test booklet, so hopefully it will be soon now..
My file got transferred to my local office 3 weeks ago.
Keeping fingers crossed......
Thumbs Up

yarabamba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yarabamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 2:11pm
I've just applied for Canadian passport. I was not aware about the importance of having a guarantor.
Elixir: Just keep on waiting. In my case it was roughly 2 months wait from the transfer of my file to local office to the oath ceremony. All the best for you.

Edited by yarabamba - 08 Feb 2010 at 2:12pm
EdmChick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdmChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 12:16pm
I am new here and I am also a March applicant.
I submitted my application on March 9, 2009.
Status showed as received on October 19, 2009.
File was transferred to my local office on December 8, 2009.
On January 14 my ECAS updated and I am scheduled to take my exam today February 16, 2009.

Wish me luck!
elixir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elixir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 6:17pm
Good Luck and All the best Edmchick,
I am still waiting for my test date. Where is your local office by the way ?

Hope your test went well..
Take care...
EdmChick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdmChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 6:23pm
I had my test today. My local office is Edmonton. :) thanks elixir!
yarabamba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yarabamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 6:30pm
I want to share that I got my Canadian passport and finally the wait is over.I would like to wish good luck to all March 2009 applicants who still are in process. I am going to participate from now in the November 2009 thread which is the month my wife applied. Cheers.
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 11:06pm
yarabamba,
did the passport office call your guarantor?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 20>
  Share Topic