Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canada Reentry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canada Reentry
    Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 5:31pm
I currently have a graduate visa which is terminating on Jan 15th 2011. I want to return to my home country for 3 weeks and return on Dec 31st 2010.
According to my visa I can enter and leave Canada as much as I want to. However, I have been worrying that they will deny me reentry if my visa terminates on Jan 15th (2 weeks later if I return Dec 31st).

Will I be allowed to reenter Canada?
matthewc View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 8:41pm
Depends what you want to do when you get back. You can certainly expect them to question why you're entering Canada for only two weeks, and whether you really plan to leave afterwards.
e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes
Pyro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 10:16pm
Well I plan at that time to have my work permit extended or in the process of being extended. Will this be an adequate answer?
MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 2:58pm
I may not have the facts here, but I am assuming you have the 3-year graduate work permit? If yes, that is not renewable unless your employer goes through LMO and through HRSDC.
Do you currently work? 

If your only explanation is that you plan to renew it when you come back on Dec 31 (without currently having an employer), chances are that would a be very big red flag for the officer.

My personal opinion is (again assuming you are on the 3-year graduate work permit, and that your current employer has not legally agreed to apply to extend your permit through the HRSDC) you are taking a big gamble by travelling in December.

My two cents.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic