Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1344A...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alannewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1344A...
    Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 3:53pm
I have had a lot of difficulty trying to figure out 1344A Section C question 6.  I am sponsoring my spouse (I live in Canada and am Canadian.  She is Japanese, lives in Japan and we want the application to be processed through Tokyo. I  read Section C 6b and 6c and couldn't figure out how to answer it.  I phoned the Immigration Call Center 3 times and got THREE DIFFERENT ANSWERS!

Person #1:
6B Yes
6C Yes

Person #2:
6B N/A
6C N/A

Person #3:
6B No
6C N/A

So we are at a loss.  Can people who are in the same situation let me know how to answer it?

If Immigration Canada call center staff can't figure out the question, how are we supposed to???
Calvados View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 5:43pm
I was in the same situation and was confused as well. My wife is a citizen of country X, lives in X, and there's processing office in X. I left 6b blank and marked 'yes' for 6c and the application is now in X, so I assume they figured that out. The irony is - any combination of answers lands you in Japan. I would say go with the middle and mark N/A, N/A, b/c you specify nationality of your spouse anyway and they will figure it out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic