Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

About Ecas status

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 45 bank shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About Ecas status
    Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 11:34pm
Hi Y'all,
I applied for Canadian citizenship with my mom (we included both of our applications in one envelope). My mom only put her name on the payment reciept. Today I checked the Ecas status, for her, it says "received", however it says nothing for my application. I tried all the different ID numbers, but still couldn't find anything.

Did any of you experience similar things?
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by 45 bank shot 45 bank shot wrote:

Hi Y'all,
I applied for Canadian citizenship with my mom (we included both of our applications in one envelope). My mom only put her name on the payment reciept. Today I checked the Ecas status, for her, it says "received", however it says nothing for my application. I tried all the different ID numbers, but still couldn't find anything.

Did any of you experience similar things?
I think cos you are her dependant, and ususally they post only one name on ecas when all the family members apply together in one package, you may simply call CIC call center tomorrow and pose this question "as your file has already been opened".
"Canada, where good people live"
45 bank shot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 45 bank shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 4:18pm
Thank you Edmotonresident. I tried to call CIC today but couldn't reach 'em. Does anyone else have similar experience?
Tine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 4:28pm
Edmontonresident is correct. Only the principal applicant can check the status through Ecas.

From the FAQ section:

Q5: My family members and I submitted an application for permanent residence but I can't get the status of my family's application. Why?

A5: When trying to retrieve information about an application for permanent residence for more than one individual, it is important to make sure that you are entering the correct information and that all the fields in CAS contain information about the principal applicant (the person who applies to come to Canada).

rotof View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 4:38pm
hi 45 bank shot
Just put your 8 digit PR card ID# as CLIENT ID
YOUR LAST NAME
DATE AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH
You should be able to get your ECAS

have you tried it???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 45 bank shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 5:00pm
yeah, but isn't that for PR instead of Citizenship?
rotof View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 5:03pm
Citizenship ecas client id is your PR CARD ID #
vbpatel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbpatel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 5:18pm

that's where you will find your Client ID No. it will be 8 digit number.. XXXX - XXXX

Good luck..

Originally posted by rotof rotof wrote:

Citizenship ecas client id is your PR CARD ID #

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 45 bank shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 5:39pm
ye I know what that ID is and nothing came out after I typed mine in. However, my mom's ID worked and it says, "we have received your payment, along with one or more applications."
grateful to all View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grateful to all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by 45 bank shot 45 bank shot wrote:

ye I know what that ID is and nothing came out after I typed mine in. However, my mom's ID worked and it says, "we have received your payment, along with one or more applications."

It seems that if you send several applications together as a family, only the the seniormost person's ECAS status is available online and not the others.  That's why ECAS indicates that "CIC has received one or more citizenship applications".  In my case, I have sent four applications together as a family, but only one person's ECAS status is available online. 
Application mailed/received: August 20, 2009| E-cas "Received": February 8, 2010 |In Process: March 22, 2010| E-cas "Transferred": May 12, 2010| Test: August 26, 2010| Citizenship: September 14, 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic