Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neverlookback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 Questions
    Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 12:16pm

1. I applied for a new passport of my country of origin, they stamped my current passport saying "We have issued a new passport" which they did not.

Apparently it is standard procedure. The passport will come in the mail in more than 30 days. My citizenship test however is going to be in less than 30 days. I'm sure when they check my passport and see the stamp. I do have a note that they gave me telling me they will give me a new passport. Will this be a problem as far as RQ goes?

2. I landed in Canada and returned back to the US the same day. I came back to Canada approximately 6 months later with the "goods to follow". My passport was not stamped at that time. After i had moved to Canada and travelled abroad briefly on the way back to Canada I was asked when did i move and she asked how come there is no stamp on your passport. I think i however do have the paper which shows i landed with the goods to follow. Will this also be a problem?
neverlookback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neverlookback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 12:22pm

Also which thread on here deals with "Citizenship test/interview experiences"
kal_ottawa View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kal_ottawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 2:48pm
neverlookback,
1- I think that they do not care about the actual passport. They want to see the passport which covers the 4years before you apply. You can take the proof that you applied for new one.

2- you are not counting the 6months anyway. I personaly do not see any problem. Take all documents with  you. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic