Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any guidance is appreciated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hbassam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any guidance is appreciated
    Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 11:07am

I had a sponsorship application for my parents under family class which was submitted in October 2007. The CIC started processing my application on August 16, 2011 and a Decision is made on September 1, 2011. The decision was as follows:

"Having reviewed the information you provided, I regret to inform you that you do not meet the requirements of the Immigration Legislation for the following reason:

Your income for the assessment period is less than the Low Income Cutoff required for sponsorship purposes"

They based the decision on only the income from 2007. I started work on August 2007 that year and that is why the income requirement was not met for 2007 but my yearly salary is over 57K which is more than what is required for sponsorship. Also I have a savings of approximately 40K which are in a savings account in the year 2007 (This amount I earned abroad before becoming a permanent resident) I did not include a statement for the 40K in my application for sponsorship. Also I did a mistake by choosing "To withdraw your sponsorship" if I am found ineligible to sponsor.

Based on the above is it possible to appeal the decision made by CIC?
If I need to submit a new application, will it take same time to start processing (i.e four years)? or processing can be faster?

pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 2:00pm
Hi

Originally posted by hbassam hbassam wrote:

I had a sponsorship application for my parents under family class which was submitted in October 2007. The CIC started processing my application on August 16, 2011 and a Decision is made on September 1, 2011. The decision was as follows:

"Having reviewed the information you provided, I regret to inform you that you do not meet the requirements of the Immigration Legislation for the following reason:

Your income for the assessment period is less than the Low Income Cutoff required for sponsorship purposes"

They based the decision on only the income from 2007. I started work on August 2007 that year and that is why the income requirement was not met for 2007 but my yearly salary is over 57K which is more than what is required for sponsorship. Also I have a savings of approximately 40K which are in a savings account in the year 2007 (This amount I earned abroad before becoming a permanent resident) I did not include a statement for the 40K in my application for sponsorship. Also I did a mistake by choosing "To withdraw your sponsorship" if I am found ineligible to sponsor.

Based on the above is it possible to appeal the decision made by CIC?If I need to submit a new application, will it take same time to start processing (i.e four years)? or processing can be faster?

1. No, as you choose to withdraw your sponsorship if it didn't qualify, losing all appeal rights.
2. If you had not chosen to withdraw, the sponsorship/application would have been sent overseas, and if it was refused, you would have maintained appeal rights.
3. Your only avenue is to re-apply. Note MNI is based on income from Canadian sources.

Edited by pmm - 08 Sep 2011 at 2:01pm
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic