Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Travel details on PR Card application

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Travel details on PR Card application
    Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 10:07am
OK - last question... (I hope)

On filling out the travel information, do we give details of ALL travel?

For example, my spouse was on a work contract in Japan (and was out of Canada for almost 3 of the immediate past 5 years).  During this time, she travelled to various countries - but did not return to Canada until 2009. 

Do we list ALL of her travel, even if it didn't involve coming back to Canada?

Citizenship App Sent: December 2012
jogruni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jogruni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 5:40pm
You have to list the month you left Canada and the month you returned. The address you stayed and the total number of days you were absent.

I have also been travelling to other places, but in my case withing the EU, so there were no stamps in my passport. I didn't even need a passport within the EU. I never listed these little trips. Only one line: month left, month returned, reason, address and days absent.

I DO NOT KNOW!
But I would only list the month I left and returned, and the main address (residential address) during the absence. I would not split the trips in several subtrips. The form is not made for this level of detail. I also think it would actually create more confusion and trigger additional questions.
In this contet it is not that important. They mainly want to find out the days of absence and a reason for it.

If the work contract in Japan you were working for a Canadian company, this time would count for presence. But I guess you know that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic