Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Test Preparation + Extensive travel - Montreal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CIC8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Test Preparation + Extensive travel - Montreal
    Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 6:27pm

Hello,
i will writing my test in 2 weeks and i have lot of travels (~ 11 travels in 4 years). my CBSA records matched all the dates in my passport - already submitted with my original application.
I am also a consultant but works for the same company for last 4 years (letter from company attached with original application) and planning to take one with most recent date.

i am being paranoid because above mentioned points are RQ indicators. but the good news on my side is that, i get test date in ~ 8 months,
what are my chances to getting RQ, because first question from Officer during my interview would be, WORK related questions  :(

please inout your views and suggestions.

thanks

montrealia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montrealia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 7:49pm
Travel alone is not a trigger of RQ (as long as you have the stamps in the passport, and the right number of presence days and all that), the problem is combination of travel with certain types of employment/unemployment. I think you should concentrate in

1) Make sure to bring certified translations for the stamps in your passport that are not in English or French.

2) Bring proof of employment, such as the letter you mention, tax forms, etc.

And... good luck!
Office: Guess!!!
Received: 25 May 2011
In Process: 26 Jun 2012
pre-test RQ submitted: 03 Aug 2012
PR card renewed: June-Sept 2013, no issues
Test: 26 March 2014
Oath: 7 August 2014
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic