Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-------

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssssst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: -------
    Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 12:30pm
sorted it out. thank you all!

Edited by ssssst - 11 Mar 2011 at 10:51pm
ganku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ganku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 12:38pm

There are 3 things you could do. 1. Call CIC and let them know your error. 2. Just act dumb and hope that the person who reviews stamps overlooks (sometimes they do it deliberately, its a honest mistake) or 3. Explain to citizenship judge your error and (s)he will grant  you citizenship.

ssssst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssssst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 12:00pm
Thanks Ganku! I will call them. 

Any other people who have experienced similar issues?
kal_ottawa View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kal_ottawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 1:43pm
ssssst,
anyone can do this mistake. Just be honest and correct your error before you reach the test. You can either send a letter to Sydney once they "open" your aplication, or send it to your local office after transfer.
cheers
|sent:dec14,2009|received:dec16|ecas:may21|letter:jun10|process:nov11|transfer:jan05|FP:feb01|test:mar15|oath:apr20,2011|
Nataliag1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nataliag1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 4:11pm

But how does CIC check if the information about the absence from Canada that applicants provide is true, as no travelling passport photocopy was asked?..

barracudan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barracudan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 5:35pm
I made an error on my wife's application, wherein I forgot to add in a particular trip to the US. But she was still eligible for citizenship even after this absence was added, as we applied when she had about 1120 days of physical presence. But just to be on the safe side, we called CIC and they advised to send in a corrected residency calculator form, which we did. Hopefully it wont make things complicated on the day of the test when they verify all this stuff.
Mississauga ---
Sent: May-2 2011 | Received: May-6 | E-Cas: Jul-15 | Letter: Jul | In Process: Jan-13 | Transfered: Feb-16? | Test: Mar-5 | Oath: May-28, 2012
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 11:06pm
Minor mistakes are mistakes and I think seen as mistakes, not misrepresentation.

Larger discrepancies are harder to paint as mistakes. Multiple small discrepancies may or may not, depending on all the factors in the file, be problematic.

Cutting so close to the 1095 mark is something I have oft suggested is not a wise move. Give oneself some margin. But I know the draw, the temptation.

In the meantime I really wonder about the one day short scenario. CIC implies a hard cutoff: less than 1095 days means RQ ... or at least a decision by a citizenship judge. One day shy could be, should be, an easy one, but I do not really know.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
ssssst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssssst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 10:43pm
Thank you all for your input. I appreciate it a lot.

I will do whatever is possible to get it  corrected and will  keep you posted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic