Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tourist Visa when applying for permanet resident
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tourist Visa when applying for permanet resident

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urpixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tourist Visa when applying for permanet resident
    Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 2:46pm
Hello all,
My sister has come 3 times to Canada in a tourist visa, never denied visa before, never overstayed..all good, then she decided to apply for a permanent resident at the beginning of this year, she hasnt heard anything yet. She wants to come to visit me and is applying for a tourist visa again.
So, i am just wondering if her tourist visa could be denied this time, because of her ongoing permanent resident request. 
She still works for the same company and has a good salary.Any ideas?
nycchip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 9:49pm
If she had Canadian tourist visas before it shouldn't be an issue. My husband (who is Canadian and I am not) and I are applying for PR while I am living outside of Canada. I was able to get a multiple entry visa no problem while we worked on our paperwork. I presented ties to my current work and place of living. I was asked about my intentions for the visit and I was honest by saying that I just wanted to visit my husband and we are still working on our immigration paperwork. Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic