Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RQ Question: Why not re-apply?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torontoman22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RQ Question: Why not re-apply?
    Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 12:00pm
Hi All,

I got an RQ a few months ago, CIC miscalculated my days and claimed that I was 2 months short. Although I have written them about the error, I got a letter saying that my RQ documents are received and it will take them 18-24 months just to review my documents.

In this case, I am considering withdrawing my application and re-applying. Is there a downside to reapplying? (other than repaying the fees which I really don't care about).  I would be re-applying from St. Clair office and hopefully get my citizenship in about 1.5 years without a problem since now I have 1160 days.

Thoughts?
funnycanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funnycanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by torontoman22 torontoman22 wrote:

Hi All,

I got an RQ a few months ago, CIC miscalculated my days and claimed that I was 2 months short. Although I have written them about the error, I got a letter saying that my RQ documents are received and it will take them 18-24 months just to review my documents.

In this case, I am considering withdrawing my application and re-applying. Is there a downside to reapplying? (other than repaying the fees which I really don't care about).  I would be re-applying from St. Clair office and hopefully get my citizenship in about 1.5 years without a problem since now I have 1160 days.

Thoughts?

if they miscalculated your days and did not take the right way to change it this time, they will micalculate your days again next time no matter how many times you will aplly.  cic has to do something for you.  cic made mistake, they have to apologize to you and take the right way to change it.
torontoman22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torontoman22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 4:58pm

Their mistake was not including my days in Canada from prior to my PR day.  If I reapply the 4 year period does not include those days anymore. So I would not have any problems with my days.

My concerns is more around, would I get the RQ with my second application for a different reason, would ending my first application look suspicious at all etc.?
Thanks,
premaman3 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote premaman3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 5:39pm

Hi torontoman......No do not reapply ,they say it will take up to 24 months,but usually it is much less than that...some people got their documents reviewed in just two months.Add to that,what if you reapplye and still give you another RQ. so it  does not worth the risk,so even if it takes 24 months (which I doubt) still better to keep your application,

sometimes ,withdrawing and reapplying will triger another question mark on someones application.
funnycanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funnycanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 9:18pm

you need to ask cic to give your apology, since even if the 10 years old kids know how to calculate the days being in canada.  before pr, those days are just half of the time as pr days in canada.

if you insist on a apology from cic, that is the first contribution you can make to canada, since every one should have the responsiblities to let the our systems work properly.  that is the spirit of canada.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic