Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

additional documents of proof of residence

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firebolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: additional documents of proof of residence
    Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 4:58pm
i'm helping my mother to renew her PR card, from what i understood regarding additional documents of proof of residence in canada is that i should submit
1- all pages of her passport with translation of all stamps
2-notice of assessment from canada revenue agency for the last 2 years
3-another notice from CRA for a previous year
 that said ,my question is should i send any other proof of residence documents with those mentioned above? like doctor visits etc. or not?
thanks in advance Smile

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 1:11pm
As long as she is residing in Canada, this should suffice. Before sending it off, however, be sure to check online as to the application form, checklist, and guide for this application to make sure it is complete, including submission of all requested documents per the checklist and instructions, as of the day it is being sent.

If additional documentation is needed, IRCC will request it.

BTW There is a separate conference here for these questions regarding preserving PR status.

Edited by dpenabill - 22 Feb 2016 at 1:11pm
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic