Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

post graduation work permit denied

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coaxial88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: post graduation work permit denied
    Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 2:11am

i got my PGWP denied , due to part time enrolment, can i still get a work permit attached to my partner's PGWP?

we weren't common law until now, we sent documents to prove we were living together for at least a year. would it be ok>?

right now, my study permit expired, can i remain in canada? 
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 3:26pm
Hi

Originally posted by coaxial88 coaxial88 wrote:

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">i got my PGWP denied , due to part time enrolment, can i still get a work permit attached to my partner's PGWP?

we weren't common law until now, we sent documents to prove we were living together for at least a year. would it be ok>?

right now, my study permit expired, can i remain in canada? 

1. PT study, as you found out means No PGWP.
2. As your c/law spouse's work permit is a PGWP it appears that as his spouse you are NOT entitled to a OWP as there is no requirement his job has to be NOC A, B or O.
3. You either have to apply for restoration as a student or visitor within 90 days of its expiry, there is no guarantee that it will be issued.
PMM
coaxial88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coaxial88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 2:07am
so , if I'm not entitled to get an open work permit , could i still restore my status in Canada and remain with him?
if CIC sends a refusal letter, a marriage would make the difference between staying and leaving?
 if so, it wouldn't look suspicious ?
jfk20101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfk20101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 3:49pm
hey Coaxial88 mate were you part time for one semester or more than one semester? and were u part time consecutively during the whole year or got part time random during the whole degree? i applied for post graduation work permit and was part time randomly during two semesters one fall in 2008 and one winter in 2012
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 6:20pm
Hi

Originally posted by jfk20101 jfk20101 wrote:

hey Coaxial88 mate were you part time for one semester or more than one semester? and were u part time consecutively during the whole year or got part time random during the whole degree? i applied for post graduation work permit and was part time randomly during two semesters one fall in 2008 and one winter in 2012

Note the OP hasn't posted in 3 years.
PMM
jfk20101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfk20101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 9:20pm
ok then let me ask you this PMM i was full time during the whole degree just one semester i dropped one course right at the very end and became part time but i re took the course in summers, i went to my international student advisory on campus he told me you will be just fine no need to worry about anything so i was wondering if i get my PGWP rejected can i tell them the reason that i was on the verge of failing the course so i dropped because my prof was an ass****, its better to drop the course rather than failing it and bring my GPA down, plus will it help if i get  letter from my Academic advisory in this matter ? i applied but i havent got any answer from CIC yet i am asking just incase if they ask me that i was part time for one semester so should i provide them with reasons? 
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 2:19am
Hi

Originally posted by jfk20101 jfk20101 wrote:

ok then let me ask you this PMM i was full time during the whole degree just one semester i dropped one course right at the very end and became part time but i re took the course in summers, i went to my international student advisory on campus he told me you will be just fine no need to worry about anything so i was wondering if i get my PGWP rejected can i tell them the reason that i was on the verge of failing the course so i dropped because my prof was an ass****, its better to drop the course rather than failing it and bring my GPA down, plus will it help if i get  letter from my Academic advisory in this matter ? i applied but i havent got any answer from CIC yet i am asking just incase if they ask me that i was part time for one semester so should i provide them with reasons? 

1. Assuming you graduated, CIC will overlook the 1 dropped course in the beginning. Also they allow you to be part time in your last semester if that is all you need to complete your degree.

2. You don't need to send an explanation to CIC.

Edited by pmm - 16 Oct 2013 at 2:20am
PMM
jfk20101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfk20101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 7:37pm
i dropped the course last year and i graduated this summer, i was told by my school that it is ok to be part time during summers, if they dont allow you to be part time during summers which the majority of international students do then i think no one will be able to qualify for this program at all i mean whats the logic of introducing OCWP in the first place when they know that students will work in the summer and take part time classes. it makes sence i think but i droped my course not in the last semester but a semester which i took last year way before my graduation if they reject me i will explain to them how big of an ass**** my prof was and it was one of the core courses which i had to drop right at the end of the semester, i even have proof that i dropped the course unwillingly as he made conditions for me and some of my friends taking that course very Sh*ity.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic