Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where to submit Filipino parent's PR Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to submit Filipino parent's PR Application

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to submit Filipino parent's PR Application
    Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 11:57am
I submitted my sponsorship my application while my dad is still employed and Saudi Arabia, I was informed at that time that since he's a resident (working there for 28 years) of Saudi Arabia his PR application will then go to London, UK instead of sending it to Manila, Philippines. But now my father is thinking of resigning, my question is where then his papers would go? I'm still waiting for the sponsorship result hopefully this April. Should we be submitting his PR application to Manila or his papers would automatically be forwarded to London since when I made the sponsorship application he's a resident of Saudi?
Thanks for any advise!
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 12:08pm
If he is a citizen of the Phillipines, you can make a request for it to be dealt with through Malina, if you wish to file via Saudi Arabia then should the application not be dealt with via Riyadh?
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
zugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 1:44pm
Hi Redeagle,

Thanks for reply, the Riyadh embassy only processes visit, work or study visas, all family sponsored permanent resident visa application is processed in London, UK. He's a filipino resident but since he hasn't been going home for longer than 6 months in Philippines for 28 years, his country of residence is at the moment Saudi Arabia which makes his application go to London. But when he resigns his residence will be Philippines again, not sure if we should just tough it out and wait for it or have his file transferred right now already.
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 1:46pm
I would go with which ever embassy has the better timelines.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
zugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 2:22pm
Thanks redeagle!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic