Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help: Leaving the country for a short period

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help: Leaving the country for a short period
    Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 9:17pm
Hello,

My family and I have been permanent residents in Canada for eight months. We would like to visit our home country this summer for 20 days. Is it possible for us to do this? Will we be able to re-enter Canada?

Do we have to fulfil the 730 day requirement in order to leave the country and enter again without any problems?

I read the posts on the website, but cannot find an exact answer to my question.
If you could clear up this confusion of mine, I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 9:47pm
Yes - you can visit your country this summer.

No - you don't have to fulfill the 730 days requirement before you leave. However you must fulfill the 730 days (in five years) requirement in order to retain your PR status.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
serena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 1:49pm
Thank you very much for your answer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic