Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sponsoring Pregnant Wife

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhelanAu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sponsoring Pregnant Wife
    Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 11:09am
Hey guys, so I started my paper work to sponsor my wife in Vietnam. She is pregnant right now :)...So now i am confused because the paper work says to list the dependents...but the baby is not born yet. What do i Do????
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 1:28pm
Hi

Originally posted by PhelanAu PhelanAu wrote:

Hey guys, so I started my paper work to sponsor my wife in Vietnam. She is pregnant right now :)...So now i am confused because the paper work says to list the dependents...but the baby is not born yet. What do i Do????

1. Depends, if you are a Canadian citizen, then the child will be a Canadian, unless you received your citizen through decent. So you just have apply for proof of citizenship when the child is born.
2. Has your wife had the medical and the x-ray? Some Drs. and women don't wish to have the x-ray during pregnancy, that is a decision for her and her Dr. If she hasn't completed the x-ray, then she will have to have the medical after she delivers.
3. If you are PR, then once the child arrives s/he will have to be added to the application, a pictures, medical, and passport, as well as the fee will have to be submitted.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic