Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

--Urgent: change of address---

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becomecitizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: --Urgent: change of address---
    Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 3:16am
Dear all,

Has anyone ever changed your address on eCas for your citizenship application? I changed my address on Nov.30. Up to date, 16 days have passed but my eCas stil shows my old address. I'm going back to my home country next week. The CIC's website says it takes 15 days for your new address to show on eCase. But.... Could you please share your experience in this regards? Thank you in advance.
becomecitizen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becomecitizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 3:17am
Dear all,

Has anyone ever changed your address on eCas for your citizenship application? I changed my address on Nov.30. Up to date, 16 days have passed but my eCas stil shows my old address. I'm going back to my home country next week. The CIC's website says it takes 15 days for your new address to show on eCase. But.... Could you please share your experience in this regards? Thank you in advance.
kal_ottawa View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kal_ottawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 7:33am
call CIC to make sure that they did.
|sent:dec14,2009|received:dec16|ecas:may21|letter:jun10|process:nov11|transfer:jan05|FP:feb01|test:mar15|oath:apr20,2011|
Bohlen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohlen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 4:18pm
Hi,

If you do a search on this forum you'll find many posts suggesting that the online system is not reliable when it comes to update the address.
In fact I read recently that someone had to call CIC 3 months after making the change online to make it effective. The agent told him that nothing changed in the system prior to his call.
So yes call CIC to make sure the address change is taken into consideration.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic